It is currently October 30th, 2014, 11:52 am

News News of Reefs.org Forums

Site map of Reefs.org Forums » Forum : Reefs.org Forums

Discussion forums for Reefs.org and Advanced Aquarist Online Magazine

Who Makes the Quietist External Pump

I just bought a MagDrive 9.5 and it makes to much noise! I've been using a Cap 2200 in sump return. Now I am getting ready to change out my sump with a new Lifereef LF1-125. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif . I set it up in the garage, with the return just feeding back into the sump, to water test it. And bam. It's nosiy as hell! images/smiles/icon_mad.gif . I don't want this thing in my leaving room! ...
Read more : Who Makes the Quietist External Pump | Views : 1168 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

someone please make sense of it for me!

OK. I am in the process of setting up my new 125 reef tank and have been reading here and in other places for over 1 year. I have a very strong background in biology/zoology and physiology, but I have been hearing something that makes no sense whatsoever to me, so I am kindly asking someone with a better understanding to explain it to me.
Most people is in agreement that even in tanks with ...
Read more : someone please make sense of it for me! | Views : 2127 | Replies : 25 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Tank Maintanence & Cleaning

Do you have enough time to clean your tank?
Maybe I can help??

My Comapny is Broadwave Reef & Fish. We Specialize in tank maintanence and cleaning in the Boston MA and southern NH area at very low rates!!!

for more information, please email broadwavereef@attbi.com

****SPECIAL****
Refer a freind and get $10 off your next service call!!!!
Read more : Tank Maintanence & Cleaning | Views : 562 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Pseudochromis and cleaner shrimp????

Has anyone had any experience with purple stripped pseudochromis' and cleaner shrimp, those little buggers are so cool pickin stuff off of fish! But I sure as heck don't want it to turn into a $20 snack!!!!

Thanks in advance. images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Read more : Pseudochromis and cleaner shrimp???? | Views : 408 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

LETS KILL ALL NAUTILIUS!

Quite a headline. I saw my first a couple of months ago, and I thought it was the coolest animal, but $100 for something I knew little about was being foolish. I asked friend about them and they said,"the only die, because of the harvesting method messes their air sacs up".
So when recently in Daytona I saw a fish store with six in one tank, selling for $125 each. All were floating on top, ...
Read more : LETS KILL ALL NAUTILIUS! | Views : 556 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Leave out cleanup critters until cycle is complete?

I have been reading about many aquarium setups. It sounds like the people involved put the crabs and snails, etc. in with the live rock (no mention of fully cured rock) and let them all cycle together. Wouldn't this be likely to kill the critters? Is there a need to put them in before the cycle is complete? What is the ideal time to put them in? At the moment, I am cycling with only ...

Calling DSB Experts....

My tank is a 95gal pentagon with about 2.5 inches of southdown sand (my intention was not a DSB at the time) and a whole lot of live rock. I now want to increase the sand to make a DSB about 5 inches deep (for I have developed a nitrate problem over the last year due to my lacking skimmer I believe). My skimmer has now been replaced by a Euroreef CS8-1 which I'm sure ...
Read more : Calling DSB Experts.... | Views : 672 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Sea Spider Question??

I think I found what I believe to be a Sea Spider in my reef tank. I've read that Sea Spiders are no good for a reef. Is this true?? If so how to remove - natural predators or manual removal??

Thanks!
Read more : Sea Spider Question?? | Views : 216 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

skimmer problem resolved

I recently noticed that my protein skimmer was not producing as much foam as usual. I didn't know what the problem was, but then when I tested my water I saw that my nitrates had gone up to about 40ppm. It is usually under 10. What I finally found out was that the air hose that stick up out of the water had become clogged with gunk. I hadn't ever cleaned it since I started ...
Read more : skimmer problem resolved | Views : 265 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Mutilated Chocolate chip star

Hey Guys,
I would like someone to shed some light on my serious situation. I have had my salt Tank set up for 6 months or better now. I have been through the ammonia spike 2X and dozens of ailing dieing fish, yep! I is greenhorn to the reef aquarium.
I have in my tank 1 choco-chip star, about 20lbs live rock with UFO's and a hermit crab.
This morning I turned on the lights ...
Read more : Mutilated Chocolate chip star | Views : 402 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2062327 • Total topics 152144 • Total members 34785