It is currently January 31st, 2015, 8:27 pm

News News of Reefs.org Forums

Site map of Reefs.org Forums » Forum : Reefs.org Forums

Discussion forums for Reefs.org and Advanced Aquarist Online Magazine

Slug/Snail hitchhiker

I just bought a large saeblid feather duster. On the rock was a 3/4 inch long snail or slug. It has a hard top, but it looks more like a beetle shell than a snail shell. It has two 1/2 inch long feelers that sweep around in front of it. I wish I had a camera, but don't sorry. Its still in the bag that it came in, should I chuck it?
Read more : Slug/Snail hitchhiker | Views : 1230 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Coral, Rock and Sand Hitchhikers

little stick creature

Last night I saw a little stick like preying mantis looking thing hanging off of a piece of live rock. Its body was green and about a 1/2 inch long and 1 mm wide with arms that folded like that of a preying mantis. Its eyes were on two other sticks that forked out the top of its body. I know this is pretty vague but by the time I got to a camera it ...
Read more : little stick creature | Views : 1923 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Coral, Rock and Sand Hitchhikers

Brown Alge

I have a 125 reef that has been set up for over two years now. My question here is I have some kind of alge growning on my live rock. I has a dark chocolate color, growing only in one part of my reef. It looks like it is growing over the coralline alge. Is there any critters out there that like to eat this kind of alge and would not bother any of my ...
Read more : Brown Alge | Views : 725 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Coral, Rock and Sand Hitchhikers

What is this Orange thingy

We found this on our Florida rock. He seems to like algae and I have grown very fond of him Image He has antennae underneath and moves around like a slug/snail. He is the size of an elongated quarter and seems very docile. I have looked for weeks to find out what this is but have not been successful. If anyone knows what he is please let me know. Image
<br>
Read more : What is this Orange thingy | Views : 1475 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Coral, Rock and Sand Hitchhikers

Long, Green Rubbery Looking Thingy

Well, tonite when I was looking at my tank with a flashlight, I noticed this tentacle-like thing streched out from a hole in the rock to another point, totalling about 4-5 inches.

The best description I have of it is that it looks like a translucent green rubber band with the tip forming into a T shape. It is quite slender, about 1/4" wide and stretches out about 4-5". I cannot catch a picture of ...
Read more : Long, Green Rubbery Looking Thingy | Views : 459 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Coral, Rock and Sand Hitchhikers

Mounds in sand, any ideas?

These two mounds have appeared in my sandbed they are quite big about an inch in diameter in one I can see at the top what looks like little hairs or bits of algae and also very long spindly stipey arms are coming out of the top (some kind of worm?) the other mound is right next to the first one but I can't see anything around the top of that one except for a ...
Read more : Mounds in sand, any ideas? | Views : 200 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Coral, Rock and Sand Hitchhikers

waving cross, moves like inch worm????????

Sorry,

These little guys are to small for a pic but very unusual.

Looks like a very small cross shape with two antena? or maybe two curved jaws? at the top.

They attach to the rock with the "tail" portion and then wave around in the water like an "algae". When I turn the rock or force them to move, they move easily.

What struck me as really weird is they move like an inch ...
Read more : waving cross, moves like inch worm???????? | Views : 210 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Coral, Rock and Sand Hitchhikers

Dead crab that was living in a hole in my live rock (pic)

Not sure what this guy is, but I think he's dead now, and I have no idea why.

What is he, out of curiosity? Anyone know? Image Thanks in advance!

It's black and slimy

Hello all. I ordered some teacup caulerpa from FFE, which came on a piece of rock along with several living non-plant things, one of which was a small, black, dime-sized, flat, slimy. It was wedged up in a crevice in the rock and I couldn't get a good look at it, and once the rock was in the tank, it vanished. This was 2 months ago and I forgot all about it. Last night, when ...
Read more : It's black and slimy | Views : 160 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Coral, Rock and Sand Hitchhikers

Know which Anenome this guy is? (pic)

After having my live rock set up over night a few of these guys started popping up. Do I have anything to worry about? Know which anenome it is?
Any help is greatly appreciated! Image
Sorry the picture is a little out of focus, I was being lazy, I can get another better picture if need be Image

Read more : Know which Anenome this guy is? (pic) | Views : 549 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Coral, Rock and Sand Hitchhikers

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2073121 • Total topics 152651 • Total members 34785