It is currently August 17th, 2017, 11:34 am

News News of Reefs.org Forums

Site map of Reefs.org Forums » Forum : Reefs.org Forums

Discussion forums for Reefs.org and Advanced Aquarist Online Magazine

low volume - hi press pump for water topoff?

So..

i've got my float valve all wired up (super easy, go to http://grainger.com and search on item # 2A554 for the valve. )

It works just great, but i'm not happy with the pump i've got it hooked to. It's a Rio 800 (i know, but it was laying around..) that doesn't seem able to generate enough pressure to let me keep the topoff resevoir anywhere but level ...
Read more : low volume - hi press pump for water topoff? | Views : 844 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

How long can I go...

with no lights in my tank? one of my aquaspace light ballast bite the dust and is in for repair. It will take about 3 weeks before I get it back. I have an elegance coral, buble coral and frogspawn corals. So, the question is how long would you go with no lights? and would a regular 40w fluorecent light from Home depot help? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Read more : How long can I go... | Views : 971 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Eclipse system, enhanced lighting desired.

All right sports fans, today’s curve ball question. I have a 29-gallon glass reef tank with an Eclipse system. (If I had it to do over again I would not have done it but it was a gift.) The tank has been up approx 1.5 years and I keep it in my office at work. It is in excellent shape but the best lighting I can have is a 32-watt PC retro kit. (And that ...
Read more : Eclipse system, enhanced lighting desired. | Views : 461 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

RO only?

Wanting to mix my own salt water (been buying it fron LFS).
Don't have an RO/DI setup.
There is a local RO drive up near by, to what extent do I need the DI part?
What happens, over time, if I use this RO only water?
THX
CC
Read more : RO only? | Views : 618 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Lta not attaching...... help my bangaiis

Okay,my large pink lta doesnt seem to want to attach,he's eating great and has stuck a few times, but nothing permanent, I've changed the powerhead angles dozens of times to keep from forcing too much current on him, but alas still nada, I've got a condy and a bubble that hosts my maroon and are doing great, but they attached to the rocks day one, the lta just blows around in the substrate(southdown).Im concerned , ...
Read more : Lta not attaching...... help my bangaiis | Views : 430 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Automatic feeder suggestion...

Well... I was wondering if you guys can suggest a good automatic feeder to buy?

-z
Read more : Automatic feeder suggestion... | Views : 739 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Surprise Babies

So I was feeding the anemones in the big tank tonite.. as I went to swish some silversides into their tentacles, I saw some little black gnat like things moving around.. so I got down on the floor to get a look in thru the side panel, and saw that it was a school of tiny banggai cardinals. I've had the pair for over 3 years, and had given up on them ever producing as ...
Read more : Surprise Babies | Views : 368 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Need directions for Sanders Model 50 Ozonizer

If anyone can email me a copy of the owners manual on this ozinier I would greatly appreciate it. I am not sure how to hook it up to my system, or maybe the thing does not work properly. I bought it on ebay.

I am trying to connect it to my Reef Devil skimmer with Beckett head modification. Does this Ozonizer need an air pump connected to it?

Any help would be appreciated, but ...
Read more : Need directions for Sanders Model 50 Ozonizer | Views : 330 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Live Rock for sale in orlando

I have tons on cured LR. I have mostly Carribean elk horn, some Florida aquaculture and Figi. All rock is $3.00 lb.

I also have a flame hawk and tons of critters for sale. You can email me at teog1@aol.com or call 407-718-5600
Read more : Live Rock for sale in orlando | Views : 499 | Replies : 1 | Forum : For Sale

More tests? Calcium & Alkalinity!

Hi! Here is my set-up...
3 1/3 months old
90 gallon
Tidepool Sump
Berlin Classic Skimmer
Live stuff: 60 lbs live rock, 2 Blue Damsels, 1 Orchid Dottyback, 1 Blenny, 1 Green Brittle Star, 1 Blue Star, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Emerald Crab, many hermit crabs (1 scarlet and many blue-legged), and many snails (conch, astro, turbo)
Just added my first corals yesterday...xenia and a leather (not sure of species...going to surf and figure it ...
Read more : More tests? Calcium & Alkalinity! | Views : 399 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2104429 • Total topics 154900 • Total members 34784