It is currently May 5th, 2015, 2:12 am

News News of Reefs.org Forums

Site map of Reefs.org Forums » Forum : Reefs.org Forums

Discussion forums for Reefs.org and Advanced Aquarist Online Magazine

answering machine msg

I want something better for my answering machine. My current is - "Hi, you have reached XXX-XXXX. Please leave your name, number, and msg - Thank you!"

Anyone have any idea that don't sound silly? I could do the composition of salt water?
Read more : answering machine msg | Views : 152 | Replies : 46 | Forum : The Sump

"Memo to American Muslims"

This is long, but well worth the read: "Memo to American Muslims"

Mark
Read more : "Memo to American Muslims" | Views : 175 | Replies : 20 | Forum : The Sump

Here's some "Urban Mythology" you probably believe

The idea that plant proteins are "incomplete" and you have to eat say rice and beans or corn and beans at the same meal to get complete proteins. There is no truth to this notion, but it is referred to everywhere. The balance of amino acids in plant matter may be different than that in your body, but the body recycles amino acids as needed...
Read more : Here's some "Urban Mythology" you probably believe | Views : 153 | Replies : 23 | Forum : The Sump

They're probably guilty anyway

From Friday's Independent www.independent.co.uk front page:

Foreigners are shackled, then jailed and denied their rights in FBI crackdownWar on Terrorism: InvestigationBy Andrew Gumbel in Washington02 November 2001Internal linksGolden Gate bridge is threatened, says GovernorForeigners are shackled, then jailed and denied their rights in FBI crackdown'Arrested al-Qa'ida men knew in advance of attacks'Traces of anthrax found in Lithuania and Kansas CityWhen the FBI came for Al-Badr al-Hazmi in the early hours of 12 September at his ...
Read more : They're probably guilty anyway | Views : 134 | Replies : 49 | Forum : The Sump

Bush and Powell are sitting in a bar...

Bush and Powell are sitting in a bar.

A guy walks in and asks the barman, "Isn't that Bush and Powell?"

The barman says "Yep, that's them."

So the guy walks over and says, "Hello, what are you guys doing?"

And Bush says, "We're planning World War 3"

And the guy says, "Really? What's going to happen?"

And Bush says, "Well, we're going to kill 25 million Afghans this time and one bicycle repairman."

And ...
Read more : Bush and Powell are sitting in a bar... | Views : 80 | Replies : 7 | Forum : The Sump

Conservatives were Right, Liberals were Wrong

Those sniveling, cowardly, treasonous Liberals have crawled back under the rocks...

Article

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>
Where Are The Liberals?

I admit it: I'm an angry conservative pundit. I'm always looking for a rumble with liberals. But now, I can't find them anywhere. They've all just disappeared! I've looked high and low, up and down, behind corners, under the furniture . no liberals! Two weeks ago, they just vanished. And I can't blame ...
Read more : Conservatives were Right, Liberals were Wrong | Views : 84 | Replies : 9 | Forum : The Sump

A few questions for the anti-war crowd

This is directed to those that oppose the current military action beig waged in Afghanistan. I am hopeful that the answers will help me to understand the basis for your opposition (or at least the perspective from which your opinions are derived).

1) Do you oppose the use of violence against another person under all circumstances? And if not, under what circumstances do you believe that the use of violence would be justified?

2) Do ...
Read more : A few questions for the anti-war crowd | Views : 502 | Replies : 98 | Forum : The Sump

Why are white people also known as Caucasian?

I know this sounds like a very strange question, even for the Sump, but I'm serious. I am white but have never thought of myself as Caucasian because I'm not from that part of the world.

Did white people originate in the Caucasus Mountains? Or did someone many years ago decide that "Caucasian" was a good word to use?
Read more : Why are white people also known as Caucasian? | Views : 218 | Replies : 39 | Forum : The Sump

Radiohead

I love the last 3 albums Radiohead has made.

Ty
Read more : Radiohead | Views : 158 | Replies : 22 | Forum : The Sump

Paging Cheese Sandwich

OK....what's the deal with the goat picture? You've used it numerous times for different topics and it never fails to put a smile on my face. images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Is there a story?

BTW- Flossy's (I had to give her a name) on my desktop now at work.

-Greg
Read more : Paging Cheese Sandwich | Views : 225 | Replies : 29 | Forum : The Sump

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2083408 • Total topics 153169 • Total members 34785