It is currently June 26th, 2017, 11:39 am

News News of Reefs.org Forums

Site map of Reefs.org Forums » Forum : Reefs.org Forums

Discussion forums for Reefs.org and Advanced Aquarist Online Magazine

little white fuzzy "mold" looking spheres.. any id

I noticed a bunch of these on one of my rocks this morning,they look like little spider egg sacs,ranging from the size of a pen tip to a little bigger than a BB.they'rr fuzzy white (look like mold) w/ a small hole coming out the center. Any Ideas, Algae?Parasite ect...
Thanx
Aj

sargassium

thx for the replies about the lighting but i have another question about sargassium. is there anything that will eat this stuff. my sailfin tang and bristle tooth :?: tang will not touch it once it has grown out. i've read that it will grow and then die off after a couple of months, but i've had it for over a year now. i'm tired of cropping ...
Read more : sargassium | Views : 849 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

How much to feed.

Been getting a diatom bloom the last few days, and the only thing differant is my gf was feeding the tank while I was away.Just curious how much and how often do you feed your fish?
thanx
Read more : How much to feed. | Views : 673 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Reeftopia

I just want to say that this place is pretty slick. I got a bunch of stuff in the mail from them today. It was all packaged well, everything lived. The piece of ricordia I got from them has 8 polyps on it, so I'm happy. I'd order from them again, and shipping is free over 120 bucks, which is what got me to buy there in the first place.
Read more : Reeftopia | Views : 587 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Problem with my RO/DI

I've got a Maxxima 35gpd RO/DI system. I installed a floatvalve in my sump a few months ago, and hooked up the solenoid and stuff to the RO. Everything has been working fine for months. All of a sudden, the system will turn on and off. The waste line will shoot out water like normal the slow to a dribble, then go back up again. When I read the instructions it says that there could ...
Read more : Problem with my RO/DI | Views : 163 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Nano reef pictures please!!!

Hey all, i wanna set up a 6 gallon nano, and im askin to see pictures of anyone who's keeping them now. also i'd like to know your likes and dislikes about them.

Thanks
Read more : Nano reef pictures please!!! | Views : 749 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

best products to promote coraline?

I went throught a ton of information from websites and searchs from other previous post, however I am still confused on what is the best way to promote coraline growth. I am buying LR from gulf view this week but want to get on the right track so my LR doens't die out. The tank is a 55 gal tank and is only going to be a fish only tank. I have a huma huma ...
Read more : best products to promote coraline? | Views : 2774 | Replies : 15 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Best products to promote coraline?

I went throught a ton of information from websites and searchs from other previous post, however I am still confused on what is the best way to promote coraline growth. I am buying LR from gulf view this week but want to get on the right track so my LR doens't die out. The tank is a 55 gal tank and is only going to be a fish only tank. I have a huma huma ...
Read more : Best products to promote coraline? | Views : 2407 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

DSB for Fish only tank (marine obviously)

I am building a 54 gallon marine fish only tank for a friend. He wants to use a more exotic variety of fish than what is considered reef safe. I may eventually experiment with a few corals, but mainly fish only for now. I have never really gotten into fish only tanks. I was wondering wha the pros/cons of using a DSB method would be? Is there a better alternative? What is the most popular ...
Read more : DSB for Fish only tank (marine obviously) | Views : 643 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

amphyprion ocellarus in one tank.

i have 6 tank raised perculas in a 125 glns reef no fighting no problems at all.(tank raised)
wat do you guys think for adding more say 10+.
they are so nice in the open they are as a group and separated in their hiding space.
in that reef the only other fish i have is a mated pair of tamato clowns.
Read more : amphyprion ocellarus in one tank. | Views : 541 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2104292 • Total topics 154881 • Total members 34784