It is currently December 5th, 2016, 2:34 pm

News News of Reefs.org Forums

Site map of Reefs.org Forums » Forum : Reefs.org Forums

Discussion forums for Reefs.org and Advanced Aquarist Online Magazine

test

Now that I know how to post a pic does anyone know what this is? 8O
Read more : test | Views : 186 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Drat...Just when I thought I had it figured out (long)

Here is my tale of woe. If you want the short version, skip to the last two paragraphs.

150 gal tank
Lifereef double overflow

I've got this beautiful 150 gal tank sitting in my living room. It's been empty for a full year now (I think the anniversary is this weekend), waiting for me to build a custom hood and layout my sump and plumbing. My wife has been very patient, but my time in ...

Advanced Aquarist - June Issue Released

Fellow Aquarists,

www.advancedaquarist.com

We are happy to announce the release of our June issue of Advanced Aquarist - our 6th issue. That brings us to the 1/2 year mark in our effort to bring you all quality edited and reviewed CORRECT information about your aquarium. Our magazine has grown from 5 sections to a whopping 12 sections in just 6 months. :)

This month we have added ...
Read more : Advanced Aquarist - June Issue Released | Views : 421 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Rubbermaid sump and acrylic

How do I glue the acrylic partitions in my sump? I tried using silicon sealant but it does not stick to the sump. What can I use?

Thanks
Micheal
Read more : Rubbermaid sump and acrylic | Views : 1214 | Replies : 3 | Forum : DIY: Do It Yourself

humic acid

I found out that humic acid that is use in plant for fertilizer to be absord can be use to nutralize chlorine, prevent stress, provide protection coat and nutralize heavy metal. Do you think it might be what inside the water conditioner sold by tetra, sera and hagen? :?:

just asking. :P
Read more : humic acid | Views : 192 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Problems keeping new fish alive

The last 4 or 5 fish I have intoduced to my tank have not lasted more then a few weeks. No noticable disease or probems with other fish. All were eating. I have 2 fish a clown and a cardinal that have been with me for 2 years. My soft corals and clam are doing great. no new fish will join them.

I have a 50 gallon, live rock and sand, Ramora protien skimmer and ...
Read more : Problems keeping new fish alive | Views : 705 | Replies : 5 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

coraline on button polyps

:D i have a nice group of green button polyps under my pc lights and have gotten huge since i got them,but i have noticed some discoloring what looks to be coraline algae growing on the center of the green disks it pinkish and wondering if this is normal ,they are still opening and doesnt appear to bothering them (YET) i thought i heard that they ...
Read more : coraline on button polyps | Views : 343 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

PM-HOT1 waste collector

anyone use the PM-HOT1 waste collector? i'm considering buying one for my HOT1 and am wondering if it's worth the $80. can you send pics of it in action?
Read more : PM-HOT1 waste collector | Views : 807 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

I will be a Father...

I stopped by New World Aqurium here in NYC after work this afternoon. They are having a 19.99/29.99/39.99 sale. I bought three small corals, a white bubble, a small hammer (two colonies actually) and a nice 2" green open brain. So now my tank is officially a reef, not a live rock tank! all theree are in and doing well. Monday I will get the digital cam from work and post some pics.

When I ...
Read more : I will be a Father... | Views : 380 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Improper species identification

I have had a heck of a time trying to obtain an a.maculatus. I got tired of driving long distances to shops that told me they had an a.maculatus only to find when I got there that it was a different species of angler.

Eventually I ordered from a very reputable on-line retailer. Their website identified the fish as a. maculatus. The first delivery was a.multiocellatus. They shipped a replacement free of charge. It was ...
Read more : Improper species identification | Views : 701 | Replies : 6 | Forum : The Industry Behind the Hobby

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2101429 • Total topics 154680 • Total members 34784