It is currently October 20th, 2014, 4:08 am

News News of Reefs.org Forums

Site map of Reefs.org Forums » Forum : Reefs.org Forums

Discussion forums for Reefs.org and Advanced Aquarist Online Magazine

copper, hyposalinity, or garlic?

I have a Powder Blue that has been doing well for almost a year but he now has ick. He is still eating well but the spots appear to be getting worse. I have a 20g tank I could use to try and treat with copper or hyposalinity but would need to catch him plus 2 percs and a bicolor to clear the display tank. In addition, I'm not sure how everybody would get along ...
Read more : copper, hyposalinity, or garlic? | Views : 489 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

does anyone use C-Balance by two little fishes?

Does anyone use this product? if so how do you like it and is it easy to use?
thanks Lynn
Read more : does anyone use C-Balance by two little fishes? | Views : 671 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Where Can I Buy Live Mysis Shrimp???

I am looking to buy live mysis shrimp and live bloodworms. Any idea where I can find some of these? Please advise.
Read more : Where Can I Buy Live Mysis Shrimp??? | Views : 665 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

green star polyps

I've just bought a colony of green star polyps. I've notices that there is a small fragment of rock attatched to the main piece by the mat of the polyps. Is it OK to cut the mat to detach the small fragment and start a new colony?
Read more : green star polyps | Views : 642 | Replies : 8 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

pic taking tips

What are your pic taking tips of your tanks? I am still learning to use the digital so, any tips would be appreciated. I have a Nikon 880. Thanks!
Read more : pic taking tips | Views : 1185 | Replies : 11 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Can I keep these guys together?

Canary blenny
Six line wrasse
Blue Assessor
neon goby (gold)
clown (coral) goby

The only other fish (in 72 gallon bowfront)would would be a flame angel and a purple tang - had them for 2 years

What do you think?
TIA,
SS
Read more : Can I keep these guys together? | Views : 493 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Could i use a small sump pump for a power head?

Hey all, i know that sounds funny but listen. i have a 15g and would like to know if i could use some PVC pipe connetcted to a small sump pump in my stand to circulate water? does the pump need to be submerged in water? cause i've seen them with the threads on the intake and outake valves so im thinking that maybe i could just screw the PVC piping into place and have ...
Read more : Could i use a small sump pump for a power head? | Views : 343 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Corner or center overflows

Ok guys, expirience please......

Here are the requirements for the overflow's capacity.

Outlets to sump:

This will be two durso standpipes (just to be safe). One will feed the skimmer at the begining of the sump, the other will feed the chiller etc thats after the refugeum in the sump.

total flow about 500GPH

Outlets to closed loop:

These will be two bulkheads with strainers in the bottom of the overflow. Each one will be ...
Read more : Corner or center overflows | Views : 851 | Replies : 12 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Bristleworms

a word that strikes fear into some people heh

i have a species tank with a tniy amount of Figi LV in, and today i have noticed a 2" long bristel worm, i went straight in with the knife but didnt get to it heh, is this going to be a problem? will it harm my shark, or hermits?
Read more : Bristleworms | Views : 1124 | Replies : 13 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Clownfish Behavior

I have 2 ocellaris clowns (Amphiprion ocellaris) in my reef. I got both a couple of months ago. During the day one clown chases the other and tries to nip it's tail. No damage. But at night, they both sleep together in the same spot!

Are these two paired off or just crazy? The clown doing the chasing is slighty larger and has a darker coloration on the top of its body. images/smiles/icon_confused.gif
Read more : Clownfish Behavior | Views : 459 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2061311 • Total topics 152092 • Total members 34785