It is currently August 30th, 2016, 1:16 pm

News News of Reefs.org Forums

Site map of Reefs.org Forums » Forum : Reefs.org Forums

Discussion forums for Reefs.org and Advanced Aquarist Online Magazine

Calcium reactor adjustment

I have a new dual chamber calcium reactor. My 180G reef tank water is at pH 8.4 & Alk @7-8
I am testing the efflueht from the second reactor chamber; My pH is above 7 maybe closer to 8 ( still high) but my alk is above 32dKh. Should I
a) increase the effluent flow to get a bit lower dKh and
b) Increase the CO2 to lower the pH level of the effluent OR ...
Read more : Calcium reactor adjustment | Views : 741 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

New Pics of My tank.....

My Green Star Polyps are spreading like crazy

Just got this. Probably sell it soon.

Another new additon

Yet another

My one and only clam.. Cool huh
Read more : New Pics of My tank..... | Views : 632 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

storing water how long is too long

I want to store RO/DI water in a large open top container for my son to take care of our 180g tank. Will the water be OK for 3 weeks.
Read more : storing water how long is too long | Views : 585 | Replies : 4 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

a school of fish

hey all, i have set up my new 108 gallon system. I was woundering if any one can sugest some small fish to school (other then chromis :D ). It is a reef with LPS and softies. Aswell it contains 1 regal tang, 6 line wrase, 2 fals percs, a purple lobster and a coral banded shrimp.

Any thoughts let me know.

Cheers!
Read more : a school of fish | Views : 503 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Thank You

I'm cross posting this to Reef Central just to say thank you for all of your help. I built a 10 gallon nano at work, got ahead of myself, and the boss told me the hair algae was too ugly for the tattoo shop. I upgraded to a 38 with a custom sump, metal halides, built a bad ass hood, put in almost 100# cured LR, DSB (or DRB from Jawfish) and after close to ...
Read more : Thank You | Views : 217 | Replies : 0 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

would 3/8" acrylic be thick enough???

would 3/8" acrylic be thick enough to build a 96Lx24Dx12H all acrylic aquarium?
would it be stable with a 3/4" thick 1" wide wooden brace on top and around top of sides and 3/4" thick 1" wide brace around bottom of sides and underneath?
__........................................__
|i............................................i|
.|............................................|
||............................................||

solid line= wood

thanks!
kevin

Starfish

Anyone got an idea for feeding linkias??

Would really like to keep one.

Thanks
Read more : Starfish | Views : 351 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Frags - Whats right & wrong

Hello all,

I am a new reefer started 6 months ago and everything is great. Thanks for all the wonderful info located here. Please answer something for me.

I am ready I think to start trading frags, I do not want to pay $50 for a small mushroom rock plus trading saves reefs, what are acceptable frag sizes? Right now I have red mushrooms & yellow star polyps & green mushrooms. Is a good frag ...
Read more : Frags - Whats right & wrong | Views : 1404 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

would 3/8" acrylic be thick enough??

would 3/8" acrylic be thick enough to build a 96Lx24Dx12H aquarium?
would it be with a 3/4" thick 1" wide wooden brace on top and around top of sides and 3/4" thick 1" wide brace around bottom of sides and underneath?
__........................................__
|i............................................i|
||............................................||

solid line= wood

thanks!
kevin
Read more : would 3/8" acrylic be thick enough?? | Views : 505 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Red Slime

120 gal.LR running about a year . Red slime just wont go away. I have done the water changes . Nitrates/nitrites (neg) ,Calcium at 440, Alk at 12
Just cant seem to keep the live sand white. Slime keeps coming back .

Any suggestions :?
Read more : Red Slime | Views : 1000 | Replies : 9 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2096513 • Total topics 154496 • Total members 34784