It is currently May 22nd, 2018, 7:36 pm

News News of Reefs.org Forums

Site map of Reefs.org Forums » Forum : Reefs.org Forums

Discussion forums for Reefs.org and Advanced Aquarist Online Magazine

my head hurts(light question)

sorry to post another lighting question but i am way confused and i need some help. was planning on getting a AB aquaspacelight dual 150watt hqi setup. LFS says actinics option isn't necesary but thought i would get it anyway. had my mind all made up on it, was just waiting on funds. but i have been reading alot lately on lighting and it seems some people are of the opinion that halides are for ...
Read more : my head hurts(light question) | Views : 987 | Replies : 19 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Garbage Cans

ok, I've been through 4 garbage cans for my makeup water.
I have tried 2 rubbermaids and two other brands.
(i keep 2 32 gallon cans , one for fresh ro and one for salt)
each have developed what appear to be hairline cracks and leaked
all over :( :( could be cracking from the heater?
have i just ...
Read more : Garbage Cans | Views : 1469 | Replies : 17 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

TEMP RISING UP TO 89

HI ALL
I LIVE IN PHILIA PA AND AS SOME MAY KNOW WEVE HAD A HEAT WAVE HERE FOR THE PAST FEW. AND MY TANK TEPS HAVE SLOWLY BEEN RISING. IM GETTIN AN AC THE NEXT CHANCE I GET, BUT TILL THEN IS THERE ANYTHING CHEAP/ FREE THAT I CAN DO TO LOWER THE TEMP OF 89 DEGREES? IVE BEEN PUTTING CUPS OF ICE IN THE SUMP BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO HELP. SHOULD I ...
Read more : TEMP RISING UP TO 89 | Views : 542 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Flow rate.

How do you determine the position, amount, and flow of powerheads? What powerheads do you recommend for a 72x24x30 tank and where? in the corners? Thanx.
Read more : Flow rate. | Views : 443 | Replies : 3 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Kalk precipitating phosphate?

I have a little algae problem. Almost everyday the glass gets evenly distributed with algae. I have to clean the glass almost twice daily to see the tank clearly. The rest of the tank is relatively free of algae, and it is quite frustrating to have to keep cleaning the glass so often.

I have a Calcium reactor, but have not hooked it up due to additional CO2 possibly making my problem worse. I've recently ...
Read more : Kalk precipitating phosphate? | Views : 428 | Replies : 2 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

plankton and carbon

:D does carbon(chemi-pure)take out phytoplankton out of the water,when i do feedings should i remove it?
Read more : plankton and carbon | Views : 300 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Help me pick a pump

I need some help. I have had an old Quiet One for years that started overheating my tank. Was told the new ones have heat problems, so the lfs suggested a Titanium T-4. It also ran too hot. Could not get tank below 85. Took it back and they suggested Little Giant 4 series. It works great, but a bit too powerful and way too noisey. Any sugestions for a quiet and cool running pump. ...
Read more : Help me pick a pump | Views : 755 | Replies : 7 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Elightmaster/ Who's using it?

I just started using this program to control my lights and ball valve
actuator. It is great.

What I was wondering...who is using this program and what settings are you using?

Thanks for any suggestions,
jonboy
Read more : Elightmaster/ Who's using it? | Views : 3593 | Replies : 32 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

skimmer question

anyone have the euroreef CS6-1? i have a 90gal fowlr that could use a new skimmer and thats the one that fits. think thats good enough?
Read more : skimmer question | Views : 239 | Replies : 1 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

I dont really know what topic to put this under

:oops: I know i put this in general reefkeeping discussions, but I dont know where I should really put this... I would like to know more about how to get pictures for my name and to be marked as a "reefkeeper" I'm sorry, but im new and couldn't find a better board to post this... :cry:
Read more : I dont really know what topic to put this under | Views : 841 | Replies : 10 | Forum : General Reefkeeping Discussion

Login

Statistics

Total posts 2104850 • Total topics 155013 • Total members 34784