Puppy poisoning

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Re: Puppy poisoning

Postby Anemone of the State » May 28th, 2012, 12:10 pm

Yes, that is true.
Their walls were made of cannon balls, their motto was ...
Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby coprolite » May 28th, 2012, 12:18 pm

reply sent Bill.
My other hat is YO' MOMMA
www.olasanaflora.com
coprolite
{squat}

Postby Anemone of the State » May 28th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Thanks. Reply to reply sent I think. I may have lost track.

We are collecting her at noon, barring any set-back, and have a referral to a doggie neurologist tomorrow.

I guess following consumer report's advice not to get pet insurance wasn't my finest decision last week.
Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby _Andy » May 28th, 2012, 1:52 pm

Is she acting "normal" now?
_Andy
{squat}

Postby Anemone of the State » May 28th, 2012, 6:00 pm

She's back home now. "Normal" would be an over-statement, but she hasn't had a seizure in 27 hours on medication. We go to the doggie neurologist tomorrow. But she remembers the yard, her brother, the "sit" command, the "come/clicker" command, and so on, so I don't think there has been widespread brain damage, as I was originally fearing. She can run, but is still a bit unsteady.
Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby coprolite » May 28th, 2012, 6:12 pm

Wow. I hope the neurologist has good news for ya Bill. Is everyone glad to have her home?
My other hat is YO' MOMMA
www.olasanaflora.com
coprolite
{squat}

Postby _Andy » May 28th, 2012, 6:18 pm

Anemone of the State wrote:She's back home now. "Normal" would be an over-statement, but she hasn't had a seizure in 27 hours on medication. We go to the doggie neurologist tomorrow. But she remembers the yard, her brother, the "sit" command, the "come/clicker" command, and so on, so I don't think there has been widespread brain damage, as I was originally fearing. She can run, but is still a bit unsteady.

Dogs are tuff and they don't feel sorry for themselves like some of us do. Keep treating her like her brother - extra squeeze or two prolly won't hurt but don't baby her too much now.
_Andy
{squat}

Postby ANEMONEBUFF » May 28th, 2012, 6:34 pm

Have you or anyone near you spilled or leaked anti freeze? Ethylene glycol is found in many cleaners, mechanical fluids and rust inhibitors.
Dan
All statements are mine and are not that of my employer.
125 gallon AGA reef. ASM G-3 Skimmer, 3 Kessil A150W Sky Blue 10K's and 3 Blue Stunner Strips.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"-
George Orwell
ANEMONEBUFF
{squat}

Postby Anemone of the State » May 28th, 2012, 7:35 pm

ANEMONEBUFF wrote:Have you or anyone near you spilled or leaked anti freeze? Ethylene glycol is found in many cleaners, mechanical fluids and rust inhibitors.

Thanks. We do worry about that, but the cars don't leak, and I use the non-ethylene glycol window wash fluid. But it is worth keeping an eye open for this, I agree. The main problem is they got under our deck, and I can only get around part of it, so there may be something that I don't know about. I spent most of yesterday closing every gap I could find. Of course one of the little monsters found another gap a few minutes ago...
Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby Anemone of the State » May 28th, 2012, 7:37 pm

_Andy wrote:
Anemone of the State wrote:She's back home now. "Normal" would be an over-statement, but she hasn't had a seizure in 27 hours on medication. We go to the doggie neurologist tomorrow. But she remembers the yard, her brother, the "sit" command, the "come/clicker" command, and so on, so I don't think there has been widespread brain damage, as I was originally fearing. She can run, but is still a bit unsteady.

Dogs are tuff and they don't feel sorry for themselves like some of us do. Keep treating her like her brother - extra squeeze or two prolly won't hurt but don't baby her too much now.

Well, her brother kind of beats up on her, or do you mean I should treat her as I do her brother? She is the more cuddly of the two (goldens aren't lap-dogs, even as pups). So I probably do baby her too much.
Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby Anemone of the State » May 28th, 2012, 7:38 pm

coprolite wrote:Wow. I hope the neurologist has good news for ya Bill. Is everyone glad to have her home?

Yeah. We are trying to get it back to normal, except not allowing her and her brother to play puppy fight for awhile.
Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby Lawdawg » May 28th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Anemone of the State wrote:
coprolite wrote:Wow. I hope the neurologist has good news for ya Bill. Is everyone glad to have her home?

Yeah. We are trying to get it back to normal, except not allowing her and her brother to play puppy fight for awhile.

Ya I'd try and keep her as calm as a puppy can be :lol: good luck with that. Can't tell you how happy I am she has been improving 8)
minime wrote:A well-flung crab is an ugly thing to be on the receiving end of.
Lawdawg
{squat}

Postby _Andy » May 28th, 2012, 7:58 pm

_Andy wrote:

Well, her brother kind of beats up on her, or do you mean I should treat her as I do her brother? She is the more cuddly of the two (goldens aren't lap-dogs, even as pups). So I probably do baby her too much.

I sit on the deck and Sibby paws at my hand, I ignore her, she lays on her side, I ignore her, she scoots closer, I ignore her, she slides her head in my lap, I ignore her, she keeps sliding until she is across my lap. I hug her and say "Sibby, you know you aren't a lap dog",,, she doesn't seem to care and neither do I...

I brush her at least twice a day and am still getting a ton of hair - were the hell does it keep coming from. Her hair is still incredibly thick - I had to shave the inside of her ears and the upper part of her cheeks so they would dry - she is in the water so much I was still worried about ear infections. They are incredible dogs and people seem to get very attached to their sweet selves.

I'm really happy she is doing better.
_Andy
{squat}

Postby marillion » May 28th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Glad to hear the little one is home! Best of luck with the neurologist.

Peace,

Chip
If you have made mistakes...there's always another chance for you
You can start over again at any moment...any little time you choose
Talk about failure...to fall is not to fail
Failure isn't about falling down...failure is staying down
marillion
Industry Forum Moderator

Postby Anemone of the State » May 28th, 2012, 9:52 pm

_Andy wrote:
_Andy wrote:

I sit on the deck and Sibby paws at my hand, I ignore her, she lays on her side, I ignore her, she scoots closer, I ignore her, she slides her head in my lap, I ignore her, she keeps sliding until she is across my lap. I hug her and say "Sibby, you know you aren't a lap dog",,, she doesn't seem to care and neither do I...

I brush her at least twice a day and am still getting a ton of hair - were the hell does it keep coming from. Her hair is still incredibly thick - I had to shave the inside of her ears and the upper part of her cheeks so they would dry - she is in the water so much I was still worried about ear infections. They are incredible dogs and people seem to get very attached to their sweet selves.

I'm really happy she is doing better.

Get one of those horse brushes that is a loop of sheet metal with cerated teeth.

She just ambushed her brother, so she is getting back to normal. She does still kind of have a parkinsonesque shake that she never had before.
Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby _Andy » May 28th, 2012, 9:57 pm

The brush I have has a half one of those on one side and a rake type brush on the other side.

Well it worked for Katherine Hepburn...
_Andy
{squat}

Postby tangirl » May 28th, 2012, 10:01 pm

That's the kind of brush i used to use too, but I asked my groomer how they do such a better job than me. They use a brush that actually has little razors in the curve of the teeth. Ask them to order you one, the thing works wonders.
Chris don't care about your poop.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Postby _Andy » May 28th, 2012, 10:02 pm

I don't want to cut her hair (what the curved thing seems to do) I just want to brush out the loose hair.
_Andy
{squat}

Postby Anemone of the State » May 28th, 2012, 10:03 pm

I have that, too.

Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby tangirl » May 28th, 2012, 10:04 pm

This just thins it enough. It doesn't look at all like I cut his hair. It just thins it and makes them look great.
Chris don't care about your poop.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

PreviousNext

Return to The Sump