So Bier, he IS a socialst...

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Bierboy » June 7th, 2012, 11:21 am

wings wrote:And green jobs?

There are more of those and there is also a lot more drilling for oil. Drill, bay, drill. :wink:
"Good people drink good beer." - Hunter S. Thompson.
Bierboy
{squat}

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 11:23 am

Bierboy wrote:
wings wrote:And green jobs?

There are more of those and there is also a lot more drilling for oil. Drill, bay, drill. :wink:

Green jobs include - filling up buses. Driving a hybrid bus. Cleaning the floors at a solar panel business. Bike repair person. :roll:

There was just a hearing in congress on "green" jobs. What a friggen joke.
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
wings
{squat}

Postby Flabello Meandroid » June 7th, 2012, 11:38 am

You think solar and wind power isn't a growth industry? Better tell GE- they have me drawing that **** left and right
Flabello Meandroid
{squat}

Postby EddyP » June 7th, 2012, 11:44 am

Flabello Meandroid wrote:You think solar and wind power isn't a growth industry? Better tell GE- they have me drawing that **** left and right

Cue wings **** on GE because Immelt is buddies with Obama.
Kick its ass, Shelly.

If every time I bring up a new incident and you resort to Chappaquiddick, then you've got nothing.
EddyP
{squat}

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 12:06 pm

EddyP wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:You think solar and wind power isn't a growth industry? Better tell GE- they have me drawing that **** left and right

Did I say that Flabs? Big environment is larger than big oil.
wings
{squat}

Postby Prawnman » June 7th, 2012, 12:10 pm

wings wrote:
EddyP wrote:

****. Big oil is larger. One just has to look at who the top grossing companies in the world to see the list is mainly big oil. Who's the most wealthy company besided Apple? Hint, not a green company.
Prawnman
{squat}

Postby Flabello Meandroid » June 7th, 2012, 12:16 pm

Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.
Flabello Meandroid
{squat}

Postby Prawnman » June 7th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Growth % wise I bet you are right
Prawnman
{squat}

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Flabello Meandroid wrote:Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.

Well, to answer your question, sure. I think it's a growth industry. What does that have to do with the fact that Obama invested in an OLD technology while the chinese kicked their but with the new technology? Who's idea was it to dump money into this thing, and never do any background check especially when the new technology was readily available? That's just poor DD, and not caring about the tax payer's money, but only investing because it would sound good politically.

I don't believe that the gov't should be investing our cash that way. Traditionally, the gov't makes really bad choices with our hard earned money. Leave it to the private sector.
wings
{squat}

Postby Flabello Meandroid » June 7th, 2012, 12:21 pm

wings wrote:
EddyP wrote:

Didin't you just say green jobs are a "friggen joke?" Then next post you say big environment is larger than big oil.
Flabello Meandroid
{squat}

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Flabello Meandroid wrote:
wings wrote:
EddyP wrote:

Didin't you just say green jobs are a "friggen joke?" Then next post you say big environment is larger than big oil.

Yes. The definition of a green job, is a friggen joke.
wings
{squat}

Postby Prawnman » June 7th, 2012, 12:23 pm

Yeah the private banking sector has an awesome **** great track record, especially with policing themselves. Good thing they sit on the Fed BOD so they can loan themselves out of the hole they created.
Prawnman
{squat}

Postby Flabello Meandroid » June 7th, 2012, 12:28 pm

wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.

Well, to answer your question, sure. I think it's a growth industry. What does that have to do with the fact that Obama invested in an OLD technology while the chinese kicked their but with the new technology? Who's idea was it to dump money into this thing, and never do any background check especially when the new technology was readily available? That's just poor DD, and not caring about the tax payer's money, but only investing because it would sound good politically.

I don't believe that the gov't should be investing our cash that way. Traditionally, the gov't makes really bad choices with our hard earned money. Leave it to the private sector.

Chinese solar manufacturers are succeeding primarily because they build factories cheaply. Their product is mainly old school standard stuff.
Flabello Meandroid
{squat}

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 12:30 pm

wings wrote:

Chinese solar manufacturers are succeeding primarily because they build factories cheaply. Their product is mainly old school standard stuff.

The reason why solyndra failed had to do with the investment of an older technology that the chinese improved on. If it's old school standard stuff, then solyndra's was even worse.
wings
{squat}

Postby Prawnman » June 7th, 2012, 12:36 pm

So you'd prefer massive no bid contracts that fail to account for billions? Every presidency has masdive issues, and the last two made some majorely wrong moved with our money.

Russia has no bid contracts as does China.
Prawnman
{squat}

Postby Flabello Meandroid » June 7th, 2012, 12:45 pm

wings wrote:
wings wrote:

The reason why solyndra failed had to do with the investment of an older technology that the chinese improved on. If it's old school standard stuff, then solyndra's was even worse.

It's hard to have a rational discussion when you just make stuff up. Solyndra was a new design that didn't perform as well as traditional ones. But why are we talking about Solyndra- the govt has invested in other green technologies also. Probably the best thing (imo) is to give tax breaks on their installation and let consumers and businesses drive the technology and markets with their choices.
Flabello Meandroid
{squat}

Postby Prawnman » June 7th, 2012, 12:48 pm

Yup... I know a few green companies thw gov has thrown millions upon millions at. In fact I just toured one last month in SF.
Prawnman
{squat}

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 12:50 pm

wings wrote:
wings wrote:

It's hard to have a rational discussion when you just make stuff up. Solyndra was a new design that didn't perform as well as traditional ones. But why are we talking about Solyndra- the govt has invested in other green technologies also. Probably the best thing (imo) is to give tax breaks on their installation and let consumers and businesses drive the technology and markets with their choices.

I'm hardly making it up, Flabs. BILLIONS of dollars were spent on this failed technology. Billions.
wings
{squat}

Postby Bierboy » June 7th, 2012, 1:01 pm

wings wrote:
wings wrote:
wings wrote:

I'm hardly making it up, Flabs. BILLIONS of dollars were spent on this failed technology. Billions.
The same could be said for failed weapons systems or the Iraq war, but I don't see you complaining about any of that.
"Good people drink good beer." - Hunter S. Thompson.
Bierboy
{squat}

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 1:04 pm

Bierboy wrote:
wings wrote:
wings wrote:
wings wrote:

The same could be said for failed weapons systems or the Iraq war, but I don't see you complaining about any of that.

I'm sorry, is it still bush's fault? And fwiw, there is totally fat there too.
wings
{squat}

PreviousNext

Return to The Sump