So Bier, he IS a socialst...

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Bierboy » June 7th, 2012, 11:21 am

wings wrote:And green jobs?

There are more of those and there is also a lot more drilling for oil. Drill, bay, drill. :wink:
"Good people drink good beer." - Hunter S. Thompson.
User avatar
Bierboy
{squat}
 
Posts: 48963
Joined: December 9th, 2000, 2:01 am
Location: The Firey Pits of Liberal Hell

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 11:23 am

Bierboy wrote:
wings wrote:And green jobs?

There are more of those and there is also a lot more drilling for oil. Drill, bay, drill. :wink:


Green jobs include - filling up buses. Driving a hybrid bus. Cleaning the floors at a solar panel business. Bike repair person. :roll:

There was just a hearing in congress on "green" jobs. What a friggen joke.
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
User avatar
wings
{squat}
 
Posts: 40089
Joined: September 19th, 2002, 2:11 pm
Location: Up in the air.

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Flabello Meandroid » June 7th, 2012, 11:38 am

You think solar and wind power isn't a growth industry? Better tell GE- they have me drawing that **** left and right
User avatar
Flabello Meandroid
{squat}
 
Posts: 38688
Joined: June 20th, 2002, 10:29 pm

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby EddyP » June 7th, 2012, 11:44 am

Flabello Meandroid wrote:You think solar and wind power isn't a growth industry? Better tell GE- they have me drawing that **** left and right

Cue wings **** on GE because Immelt is buddies with Obama.
Kick its ass, Shelly.

If every time I bring up a new incident and you resort to Chappaquiddick, then you've got nothing.
EddyP
{squat}
 
Posts: 28924
Joined: May 1st, 2001, 1:01 am
Location: CT

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 12:06 pm

EddyP wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:You think solar and wind power isn't a growth industry? Better tell GE- they have me drawing that **** left and right

Cue wings **** on GE because Immelt is buddies with Obama.


Did I say that Flabs? Big environment is larger than big oil.
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
User avatar
wings
{squat}
 
Posts: 40089
Joined: September 19th, 2002, 2:11 pm
Location: Up in the air.

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Prawnman » June 7th, 2012, 12:10 pm

wings wrote:
EddyP wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:You think solar and wind power isn't a growth industry? Better tell GE- they have me drawing that **** left and right

Cue wings **** on GE because Immelt is buddies with Obama.


Did I say that Flabs? Big environment is larger than big oil.



****. Big oil is larger. One just has to look at who the top grossing companies in the world to see the list is mainly big oil. Who's the most wealthy company besided Apple? Hint, not a green company.
User avatar
Prawnman
{squat}
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: November 14th, 2002, 6:14 am
Location: In a saline pond near you

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Flabello Meandroid » June 7th, 2012, 12:16 pm

Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.
User avatar
Flabello Meandroid
{squat}
 
Posts: 38688
Joined: June 20th, 2002, 10:29 pm

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Prawnman » June 7th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Growth % wise I bet you are right
User avatar
Prawnman
{squat}
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: November 14th, 2002, 6:14 am
Location: In a saline pond near you

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Flabello Meandroid wrote:Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.


Well, to answer your question, sure. I think it's a growth industry. What does that have to do with the fact that Obama invested in an OLD technology while the chinese kicked their but with the new technology? Who's idea was it to dump money into this thing, and never do any background check especially when the new technology was readily available? That's just poor DD, and not caring about the tax payer's money, but only investing because it would sound good politically.

I don't believe that the gov't should be investing our cash that way. Traditionally, the gov't makes really bad choices with our hard earned money. Leave it to the private sector.
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
User avatar
wings
{squat}
 
Posts: 40089
Joined: September 19th, 2002, 2:11 pm
Location: Up in the air.

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Flabello Meandroid » June 7th, 2012, 12:21 pm

wings wrote:
EddyP wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:You think solar and wind power isn't a growth industry? Better tell GE- they have me drawing that **** left and right

Cue wings **** on GE because Immelt is buddies with Obama.


Did I say that Flabs? Big environment is larger than big oil.


Didin't you just say green jobs are a "friggen joke?" Then next post you say big environment is larger than big oil.
User avatar
Flabello Meandroid
{squat}
 
Posts: 38688
Joined: June 20th, 2002, 10:29 pm

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 12:22 pm

Flabello Meandroid wrote:
wings wrote:
EddyP wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:You think solar and wind power isn't a growth industry? Better tell GE- they have me drawing that **** left and right

Cue wings **** on GE because Immelt is buddies with Obama.


Did I say that Flabs? Big environment is larger than big oil.


Didin't you just say green jobs are a "friggen joke?" Then next post you say big environment is larger than big oil.


Yes. The definition of a green job, is a friggen joke.
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
User avatar
wings
{squat}
 
Posts: 40089
Joined: September 19th, 2002, 2:11 pm
Location: Up in the air.

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Prawnman » June 7th, 2012, 12:23 pm

Yeah the private banking sector has an awesome **** great track record, especially with policing themselves. Good thing they sit on the Fed BOD so they can loan themselves out of the hole they created.
User avatar
Prawnman
{squat}
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: November 14th, 2002, 6:14 am
Location: In a saline pond near you

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Flabello Meandroid » June 7th, 2012, 12:28 pm

wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.


Well, to answer your question, sure. I think it's a growth industry. What does that have to do with the fact that Obama invested in an OLD technology while the chinese kicked their but with the new technology? Who's idea was it to dump money into this thing, and never do any background check especially when the new technology was readily available? That's just poor DD, and not caring about the tax payer's money, but only investing because it would sound good politically.

I don't believe that the gov't should be investing our cash that way. Traditionally, the gov't makes really bad choices with our hard earned money. Leave it to the private sector.


Chinese solar manufacturers are succeeding primarily because they build factories cheaply. Their product is mainly old school standard stuff.
User avatar
Flabello Meandroid
{squat}
 
Posts: 38688
Joined: June 20th, 2002, 10:29 pm

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 12:30 pm

Flabello Meandroid wrote:
wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.


Well, to answer your question, sure. I think it's a growth industry. What does that have to do with the fact that Obama invested in an OLD technology while the chinese kicked their but with the new technology? Who's idea was it to dump money into this thing, and never do any background check especially when the new technology was readily available? That's just poor DD, and not caring about the tax payer's money, but only investing because it would sound good politically.

I don't believe that the gov't should be investing our cash that way. Traditionally, the gov't makes really bad choices with our hard earned money. Leave it to the private sector.


Chinese solar manufacturers are succeeding primarily because they build factories cheaply. Their product is mainly old school standard stuff.


The reason why solyndra failed had to do with the investment of an older technology that the chinese improved on. If it's old school standard stuff, then solyndra's was even worse.
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
User avatar
wings
{squat}
 
Posts: 40089
Joined: September 19th, 2002, 2:11 pm
Location: Up in the air.

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Prawnman » June 7th, 2012, 12:36 pm

So you'd prefer massive no bid contracts that fail to account for billions? Every presidency has masdive issues, and the last two made some majorely wrong moved with our money.

Russia has no bid contracts as does China.
User avatar
Prawnman
{squat}
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: November 14th, 2002, 6:14 am
Location: In a saline pond near you

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Flabello Meandroid » June 7th, 2012, 12:45 pm

wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:
wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.


Well, to answer your question, sure. I think it's a growth industry. What does that have to do with the fact that Obama invested in an OLD technology while the chinese kicked their but with the new technology? Who's idea was it to dump money into this thing, and never do any background check especially when the new technology was readily available? That's just poor DD, and not caring about the tax payer's money, but only investing because it would sound good politically.

I don't believe that the gov't should be investing our cash that way. Traditionally, the gov't makes really bad choices with our hard earned money. Leave it to the private sector.


Chinese solar manufacturers are succeeding primarily because they build factories cheaply. Their product is mainly old school standard stuff.


The reason why solyndra failed had to do with the investment of an older technology that the chinese improved on. If it's old school standard stuff, then solyndra's was even worse.


It's hard to have a rational discussion when you just make stuff up. Solyndra was a new design that didn't perform as well as traditional ones. But why are we talking about Solyndra- the govt has invested in other green technologies also. Probably the best thing (imo) is to give tax breaks on their installation and let consumers and businesses drive the technology and markets with their choices.
User avatar
Flabello Meandroid
{squat}
 
Posts: 38688
Joined: June 20th, 2002, 10:29 pm

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Prawnman » June 7th, 2012, 12:48 pm

Yup... I know a few green companies thw gov has thrown millions upon millions at. In fact I just toured one last month in SF.
User avatar
Prawnman
{squat}
 
Posts: 20324
Joined: November 14th, 2002, 6:14 am
Location: In a saline pond near you

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 12:50 pm

Flabello Meandroid wrote:
wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:
wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.


Well, to answer your question, sure. I think it's a growth industry. What does that have to do with the fact that Obama invested in an OLD technology while the chinese kicked their but with the new technology? Who's idea was it to dump money into this thing, and never do any background check especially when the new technology was readily available? That's just poor DD, and not caring about the tax payer's money, but only investing because it would sound good politically.

I don't believe that the gov't should be investing our cash that way. Traditionally, the gov't makes really bad choices with our hard earned money. Leave it to the private sector.


Chinese solar manufacturers are succeeding primarily because they build factories cheaply. Their product is mainly old school standard stuff.


The reason why solyndra failed had to do with the investment of an older technology that the chinese improved on. If it's old school standard stuff, then solyndra's was even worse.


It's hard to have a rational discussion when you just make stuff up. Solyndra was a new design that didn't perform as well as traditional ones. But why are we talking about Solyndra- the govt has invested in other green technologies also. Probably the best thing (imo) is to give tax breaks on their installation and let consumers and businesses drive the technology and markets with their choices.


I'm hardly making it up, Flabs. BILLIONS of dollars were spent on this failed technology. Billions.
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
User avatar
wings
{squat}
 
Posts: 40089
Joined: September 19th, 2002, 2:11 pm
Location: Up in the air.

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby Bierboy » June 7th, 2012, 1:01 pm

wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:
wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:
wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.


Well, to answer your question, sure. I think it's a growth industry. What does that have to do with the fact that Obama invested in an OLD technology while the chinese kicked their but with the new technology? Who's idea was it to dump money into this thing, and never do any background check especially when the new technology was readily available? That's just poor DD, and not caring about the tax payer's money, but only investing because it would sound good politically.

I don't believe that the gov't should be investing our cash that way. Traditionally, the gov't makes really bad choices with our hard earned money. Leave it to the private sector.


Chinese solar manufacturers are succeeding primarily because they build factories cheaply. Their product is mainly old school standard stuff.


The reason why solyndra failed had to do with the investment of an older technology that the chinese improved on. If it's old school standard stuff, then solyndra's was even worse.


It's hard to have a rational discussion when you just make stuff up. Solyndra was a new design that didn't perform as well as traditional ones. But why are we talking about Solyndra- the govt has invested in other green technologies also. Probably the best thing (imo) is to give tax breaks on their installation and let consumers and businesses drive the technology and markets with their choices.


I'm hardly making it up, Flabs. BILLIONS of dollars were spent on this failed technology. Billions.
The same could be said for failed weapons systems or the Iraq war, but I don't see you complaining about any of that.
"Good people drink good beer." - Hunter S. Thompson.
User avatar
Bierboy
{squat}
 
Posts: 48963
Joined: December 9th, 2000, 2:01 am
Location: The Firey Pits of Liberal Hell

Re: So Bier, he IS a socialst...

Postby wings » June 7th, 2012, 1:04 pm

Bierboy wrote:
wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:
wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:
wings wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:Yeah, traditional power sources are obviously bigger. I was talking about growth, not size.


Well, to answer your question, sure. I think it's a growth industry. What does that have to do with the fact that Obama invested in an OLD technology while the chinese kicked their but with the new technology? Who's idea was it to dump money into this thing, and never do any background check especially when the new technology was readily available? That's just poor DD, and not caring about the tax payer's money, but only investing because it would sound good politically.

I don't believe that the gov't should be investing our cash that way. Traditionally, the gov't makes really bad choices with our hard earned money. Leave it to the private sector.


Chinese solar manufacturers are succeeding primarily because they build factories cheaply. Their product is mainly old school standard stuff.


The reason why solyndra failed had to do with the investment of an older technology that the chinese improved on. If it's old school standard stuff, then solyndra's was even worse.


It's hard to have a rational discussion when you just make stuff up. Solyndra was a new design that didn't perform as well as traditional ones. But why are we talking about Solyndra- the govt has invested in other green technologies also. Probably the best thing (imo) is to give tax breaks on their installation and let consumers and businesses drive the technology and markets with their choices.


I'm hardly making it up, Flabs. BILLIONS of dollars were spent on this failed technology. Billions.
The same could be said for failed weapons systems or the Iraq war, but I don't see you complaining about any of that.


I'm sorry, is it still bush's fault? And fwiw, there is totally fat there too.
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
User avatar
wings
{squat}
 
Posts: 40089
Joined: September 19th, 2002, 2:11 pm
Location: Up in the air.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sump

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Magilla Gorilla, seven and 7 guests