So, which is it?

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Re: So, which is it?

Postby EddyP » June 10th, 2012, 6:16 pm

Funny there is more outrage about him supposedly lying about the leaks than the actual leaks themselves.
Kick its ass, Shelly.

If every time I bring up a new incident and you resort to Chappaquiddick, then you've got nothing.
EddyP
{squat}

Postby _Andy » June 10th, 2012, 6:41 pm

EddyP wrote:Funny there is more outrage about him supposedly lying about the leaks than the actual leaks themselves.

The 'cover up' always seems worse than the 'crime'.
_Andy
{squat}

Postby wings » June 10th, 2012, 8:34 pm

EddyP wrote:Funny there is more outrage about him supposedly lying about the leaks than the actual leaks themselves.

I'm not sure if you caught the press conference on Friday, but he was pissed that people were accusing him of leaking the info. This is why I posted this article. It does beg the question as to whether or not he was more pissed that people would either call him on it or that the NY times was lying.
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
wings
{squat}

Postby Bierboy » June 10th, 2012, 8:39 pm

wings wrote:

I'm not sure if you caught the press conference on Friday, but he was pissed that people were accusing him of leaking the info. This is why I posted this article. It does beg the question as to whether or not he was more pissed that people would either call him on it or that the NY times was lying.
How do you know those are the only two options?
"Good people drink good beer." - Hunter S. Thompson.
Bierboy
{squat}

Postby wings » June 10th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Bierboy wrote:
wings wrote:

Ok, do enlighten us. What other option(s) is(are) there?
wings
{squat}

Postby EddyP » June 10th, 2012, 10:54 pm

wings wrote:
Bierboy wrote:
wings wrote:

For starters, I did watch it. There's a thread here about it. He didn't seem pissed about it. He just said "we have a policy about this stuff" blah blah blah. He said it was "offensive" that he was accuse of it for political gain IIRC. I don't know about pissed.

How about an ex WH employee leaked ****? That gives Obama deniability while still getting the "story" out there.
Last edited by EddyP on June 10th, 2012, 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kick its ass, Shelly.

If every time I bring up a new incident and you resort to Chappaquiddick, then you've got nothing.
EddyP
{squat}

Postby wings » June 10th, 2012, 10:55 pm

EddyP wrote:
wings wrote:
Bierboy wrote:
wings wrote:

For starters, I did watch it. There's a thread here about it. He didn't seem pissed about it. He just said "we have a policy about this stuff" blah blah blah.

How about an ex WH employee leaked ****? That gives Obama deniability while still getting the "story" out there.

Like who? Rahm?
wings
{squat}

Postby wings » June 10th, 2012, 10:57 pm

Oh, and there has to be a reason to leak this stuff. I can think of one for Obama... to make him look strong on international affairs. Why would an Ex WH Employee want to make Obama look good? I don't understand that reasoning, or the risk.
wings
{squat}

Postby EddyP » June 10th, 2012, 11:01 pm

wings wrote:Oh, and there has to be a reason to leak this stuff. I can think of one for Obama... to make him look strong on international affairs. Why would an Ex WH Employee want to make Obama look good? I don't understand that reasoning, or the risk.

I'm saying it could be coordinated with an ex wh employee. That way he's able to deny the hell out of it if the leak didn't come from his WH but some ex employee or some other person in government. It could just be a tough taking employee in another department not connected with the WH.

But who knows. The obsession with his comment about it at the press conference is silly IMO. Focus on the leak, who did it, why they did it. Just like the Plame ****.
Last edited by EddyP on June 10th, 2012, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kick its ass, Shelly.

EddyP
{squat}

Postby wings » June 10th, 2012, 11:02 pm

EddyP wrote:
wings wrote:Oh, and there has to be a reason to leak this stuff. I can think of one for Obama... to make him look strong on international affairs. Why would an Ex WH Employee want to make Obama look good? I don't understand that reasoning, or the risk.

I'm saying it could be coordinated with an ex wh employee. That way he's able to deny the hell out of it if the leak didn't come from his WH but some ex employee or some other random person.

But who knows. The obsession with his comment about it at the press conference is silly IMO. Focus on the leak, who did it, why they did it. Just like the Plame ****.

I'm sorry...what's Plame? That name doesn't ring a bell.
wings
{squat}

Postby EddyP » June 10th, 2012, 11:03 pm

wings wrote:
EddyP wrote:

I'm saying it could be coordinated with an ex wh employee. That way he's able to deny the hell out of it if the leak didn't come from his WH but some ex employee or some other random person.

:lol:
Kick its ass, Shelly.

EddyP
{squat}

Postby wings » June 10th, 2012, 11:06 pm

EddyP wrote:
wings wrote:
EddyP wrote:

:lol:

Why is that funny? Am I missing something?
wings
{squat}

Postby wings » June 10th, 2012, 11:09 pm

You're referring to this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair

Ok, I'll read up on it. For some reason I don't remember this.
wings
{squat}

Postby EddyP » June 10th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Valerie Plame!

Remember she was outed after her husband came forward and said W&Co knew the yellow cake story was BS? She wasn't outed by the WH but by Armitage at the Sec of State Office.
Kick its ass, Shelly.

EddyP
{squat}

Postby wings » June 10th, 2012, 11:14 pm

EddyP wrote:Valerie Plame!

Remember she was outed after her husband came forward and said W&Co knew the yellow cake story was BS? She wasn't outed by the WH but by Armitage at the Sec of State Office.

Ok, now its starting to come back to me.(thanks) So how does this apply to the original question in this thread?
wings
{squat}

Postby EddyP » June 10th, 2012, 11:24 pm

With the Plame thing people immediately thought of the WH with the leak. It made perfect sense just as this does. In both cases, the leak did nothing but help the president politically. But I think they have it figured out how to leak information to the press while keeping enough distance to be able to HONESTLY say "it wasn't us".

In the case of Plame, it was not the WH that leaked the info. They may have done things to make it easer for the leak to happen, but their hands were clean.

Of course this is easy to say now with the benefit of hindsight on the Plame thing.
Kick its ass, Shelly.

EddyP
{squat}

Postby Matt_ » June 11th, 2012, 1:39 am

wings wrote:
Matt_ wrote:
wings wrote:
Leaker-in-chief.

Heh, during Plamegate you said it was all made up. Now you are certain not only the WH but the beta male himself is the leak, eh? How partisan of you. I hear he was born in a Kenyan whore house, too.

I didn't write the article. Your anger is misplaced. I also didnt come up with the term. But your foot soldier-ness is well honored here. Carry on, comrade. ;)

See the part that I quoted? Those are your words, not from the article.
Loser, loser, Chick-Fil-A dinner.
Matt_
Site Admin

Postby Matt_ » June 11th, 2012, 1:41 am

wings wrote:You're referring to this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure you don't. You commented on it, here at RDO, back when it was going on. In fact, regarding the WH as being the source of the leak, you said:

Yup... It's fake but accurate. :lol:

Carry on, comrade. :roll:
Loser, loser, Chick-Fil-A dinner.
Matt_
Site Admin

Postby wings » June 11th, 2012, 7:01 am

Matt_ wrote:
wings wrote:You're referring to this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plame_affair

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuure you don't. You commented on it, here at RDO, back when it was going on. In fact, regarding the WH as being the source of the leak, you said:

Yup... It's fake but accurate. :lol:

Carry on, comrade. :roll:

Uh, no. "Fake but accurate" had to do with CBS.
wings
{squat}

Postby _Andy » June 11th, 2012, 7:16 am

Plame is still alive? Amazing... :|
_Andy
{squat}

PreviousNext

Return to The Sump