Sump M.D. question

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Sump M.D. question

Postby Mr. McFeely » June 22nd, 2012, 2:07 pm

My whole family has been harboring some sort of hacking lung illness to some degree for several months now. I've had stomach problems for about a week now, maybe eating a small amount of something normally beniegn for dinner then puking it up at three A.M. Hours after I eat the contents of my stomach will often feel like an indigestable mass and I'll know it will end up coming up in a few hours so I'll speed the process up to get some sleep. Very little appetite also. I've got a history of gi problems, so not sure what's going on with that-it's not virus-like at all.
My problem as of three days ago has been excruciating lower back pain as if I pulled some muscles. I was doing some labor but I don't recall any strenuous lifting. The pain is so bad I'll get stuck somewhere unable to get out of a chair or bed without spending a few painfull minutes helping myself up with furniture. Hydrocodone is helping the pain for a few hours at a time enough to walk around and do chores. I'm starting to wonder about my kidneys because it's in that area and my lower back lymph nodes are sore. No urinary problems afaik, no smell or pain or cloudiness.
What do you guys think?
Brian

_Andy wrote:
"I am always surprised you don't make more typos with those fat little fingers"
Mr. McFeely
{squat}

Re: Sump M.D. question

Postby tangirl » June 22nd, 2012, 2:13 pm

Well, it's certainly not normal to puke everytime you eat. I think it's time for a doc. Any blood anywhere yet?
Chris don't care about your poop.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Postby tangirl » June 22nd, 2012, 2:14 pm

Kidney stone?

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Postby Mr. McFeely » June 22nd, 2012, 2:19 pm

No blood. Eating the food doesn't bother me, I just start feeling like I'm not digesting right and makes me ill late at night. Can one have kidney stones but no pain urinating?
Brian

_Andy wrote:
Mr. McFeely
{squat}

Postby tangirl » June 22nd, 2012, 3:00 pm

Yes, they gotta start somewhere. Ex used to say it felt like someone punched him in his lower back or that it was just really tight.

tangirl
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » June 22nd, 2012, 4:04 pm

My official diagnosis is that everyone in your family who is throwing up, is in fact pregnant.
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby mitchell » June 22nd, 2012, 4:28 pm

I can't comment about the rest of your family, but you sound like you may have pancreatitis. Do you drink? Any history of gallstones? Get thee to your physician.
mitchell
{squat}

Postby _Andy » June 22nd, 2012, 5:03 pm

Is there a knife in your back?
_Andy
{squat}

Postby Mr. McFeely » June 24th, 2012, 11:21 pm

mitchell wrote:I can't comment about the rest of your family, but you sound like you may have pancreatitis. Do you drink? Any history of gallstones? Get thee to your physician.

I don't drink but I did for 20 years and no family history of gallstones that I'm aware of.
I had some general checkup bloodwork taken a few days before my acute lower back pain. Would this show evidence of a pancreatic problem or is that more of a special order test? I have a Dr. appt. Wed. so hopefully I'll make it until then. 8O
Brian

_Andy wrote:
Mr. McFeely
{squat}

Postby Matt_ » June 24th, 2012, 11:34 pm

If I was Dr. House I would start checking your house for old paint cans (lead poisoning), rodent droppings (Hanta), toxic mold (toxic mold), and dirty whores (syphilis). Any of that stuff around?
Loser, loser, Chick-Fil-A dinner.
Matt_
Site Admin

Postby Magilla Gorilla » June 25th, 2012, 10:28 am

Mr. McFeely wrote:
mitchell wrote:I can't comment about the rest of your family, but you sound like you may have pancreatitis. Do you drink? Any history of gallstones? Get thee to your physician.

I don't drink but I did for 20 years and no family history of gallstones that I'm aware of.
I had some general checkup bloodwork taken a few days before my acute lower back pain. Would this show evidence of a pancreatic problem or is that more of a special order test? I have a Dr. appt. Wed. so hopefully I'll make it until then. 8O

I think your serum amylase and lipase levels would be elevated beyond the normal range.
Societies get what they celebrate.
-Dean Kamen
Nationalism is the succubus of tyranny.
How long? Not long. 'Cause what you reap... is what you sew.
-RATM
Magilla Gorilla
{squat}

Return to The Sump