Damnit pulled a knucklehead...

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Damnit pulled a knucklehead...

Postby sfsuphysics » June 23rd, 2012, 7:54 pm

was holding a piece of wood while driving a screw through it, and the wood cracked and the screw went too deep, and into my finger that was on the other side, probably went 2-3 threads deep. The pain was immediate and I tried to pull my hand away but I couldn't, and rather than yanking super hard I did the wise thing and backed the screw up (get it.. screw up!!) anyways it bled for a while, still hurts like hell, but damn that was stupid on my part!
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Re: Damnit pulled a knucklehead...

Postby JimM » June 23rd, 2012, 7:59 pm

Just think, if you were Bry you'd never be more than 20 minutes away from such an event. 8O
JimM
Reefkeeper

Postby _Andy » June 23rd, 2012, 8:10 pm

Screwing yourself is a sin.
_Andy
{squat}

Postby Shade of Knucklehead » June 23rd, 2012, 9:00 pm

Been there done that....
I believe that religion is one of the most evil things on the planet, and mankind will never truly be at peace until we rise up and cast off the shackles created by our ancestors inability to cope with their superstitious fear.
Shade of Knucklehead
{squat}

Postby Anemone of the State » June 23rd, 2012, 9:10 pm

I drove a screw through my thumb nail a month ago whilst underpinning the deck, to keep the pups out.

It hurt.
Their walls were made of cannon balls, their motto was ...
Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby tangirl » June 23rd, 2012, 9:15 pm

sfsuphysics wrote:was holding a piece of wood while driving a screw through it, and the wood cracked and the screw went too deep, and into my finger that was on the other side, probably went 2-3 threads deep. The pain was immediate and I tried to pull my hand away but I couldn't, and rather than yanking super hard I did the wise thing and backed the screw up (get it.. screw up!!) anyways it bled for a while, still hurts like hell, but damn that was stupid on my part!

I can't spell what I'm saying.

Oh man, yuck.
Chris don't care about your poop.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Postby Guy » June 23rd, 2012, 9:23 pm

:lol:
Shade of Knucklehead wrote:Been there done that....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I recall about a decade ago the girls were argueing in the living room while I happened to be in the basement. I punched the living room floor a few times from the basement to tell them to knock it off. The last punch landed on a carpet screw that went completley through my pinky into my palm. I was unable to pull my hand off the screw so I had to twirl and unscrew my hand from the basement ceiling :lol:

hmmm I think I'm overdue for a tetanus shot... :roll:
Guy
{squat}

Postby tangirl » June 23rd, 2012, 9:25 pm

Guy wrote::lol:

I recall about a decade ago the girls were argueing in the living room while I happened to be in the basement. I punched the living room floor a few times from the basement to tell them to knock it off. The last punch landed on a carpet screw that went completley through my pinky into my palm. I was unable to pull my hand off the screw so I had to twirl and unscrew my hand from the basement ceiling :lol:

Eeeewwwwww.

But funny picturing it too. :oops:

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » June 23rd, 2012, 10:25 pm

Guy wrote::lol:

hahah...yeowch! Luckily I didn't have to pull any gymastic feats to remove my screw but damn that sounds funny! It's been about 3 years since I've had the TDAP shot... I'm hoping I'm still good because I hate that shot because it hurts for days afterwards
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby tangirl » June 23rd, 2012, 11:59 pm

Tetanus shots are good for 10 years.

They don't hurt much anymore either. Got one last year.

tangirl
{squat}

Postby Bucolic Buffalo » June 24th, 2012, 8:02 am

Yep! Shots don't hurt. I give myself 4 a day.
Radio KAOS "Billy come home."
Bucolic Buffalo
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » June 24th, 2012, 9:56 am

tangirl wrote:Tetanus shots are good for 10 years.

I thought they were good for 10 years for everyday types of cuts, pokes, etc, not when you get a big one.

And piss off they stlll hurt :P
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby Shade of Knucklehead » June 24th, 2012, 10:20 am

sfsuphysics wrote:

I thought they were good for 10 years for everyday types of cuts, pokes, etc, not when you get a big one.

Pussy...
I believe that religion is one of the most evil things on the planet, and mankind will never truly be at peace until we rise up and cast off the shackles created by our ancestors inability to cope with their superstitious fear.
Shade of Knucklehead
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » June 24th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Shade of Knucklehead wrote:
sfsuphysics wrote:

Pussy...

Yeah sorry, I didn't have any marine diesel to pour on it as I'm sure is your sure fire antiseptic cure ;)
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby Shade of Knucklehead » June 24th, 2012, 3:09 pm

sfsuphysics wrote:
sfsuphysics wrote:

Pussy...

Yeah sorry, I didn't have any marine diesel to pour on it as I'm sure is your sure fire antiseptic cure ;)

Actually I have a large can of Watkins Petro Carbo salve that has been around since before I was born. I plan to use it the rest of my life. Its good stuff. Originally for cows udders, but its great for minor wounds and for drawing splinters out.
Shade of Knucklehead
{squat}

Postby tangirl » June 24th, 2012, 6:45 pm

sfsuphysics wrote:

Pussy.

No, I think you're good. No booster required. As a matter of fact, when i went back last year and insisted on a tetanus shot, they really didn't want to give me one because I said I wasn't sure the last time I had gotten one. I guess something in the new combination isn't good to get more than every 10 years or something.

I knew I was OK it was barely a scratch and i had been vaccinated a couple years prior, but I have hospital indemnity insurance that gives me $500 for an ER visit. :wink:

tangirl
{squat}

Postby tangirl » June 24th, 2012, 6:45 pm

sfsuphysics wrote:

Pussy...

Heheh- didn't notice that you had beaten me to it. :lol:

tangirl
{squat}

Return to The Sump