Water Heater

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Re: Water Heater

Postby Snailman » July 5th, 2012, 10:59 am

sfsuphysics wrote:
Snailman wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:Wait, you want to diy install an electric water heater so your wife won't have to wait until monday for hot water? :? Oy.

If you can turn the gas on yourself- just do it and then turn it back off before they show up on monday.

Wan't to make sure its not theft of services or something.

Well if they turned it off at the street, which I'm guessing they did from what you said, then yeah I wouldn't turn it on. I assumed when you said your gas was off, it was due to some major construction or something :D

Heh...its not off at the street. Its off at the meter attached to my house. They didn't lock it.
Snailman
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » July 5th, 2012, 12:05 pm

Snailman wrote:
sfsuphysics wrote:
Snailman wrote:
Flabello Meandroid wrote:Wait, you want to diy install an electric water heater so your wife won't have to wait until monday for hot water? :? Oy.

If you can turn the gas on yourself- just do it and then turn it back off before they show up on monday.

Wan't to make sure its not theft of services or something.

Well if they turned it off at the street, which I'm guessing they did from what you said, then yeah I wouldn't turn it on. I assumed when you said your gas was off, it was due to some major construction or something :D

Heh...its not off at the street. Its off at the meter attached to my house. They didn't lock it.

You sure they didn't turn it off at both locations? I would think they would just as a precaution so right when they turn it on at the street they don't fill your house with gas from potential pilot light sources that are no longer lit in the case you're not home.

That said, I think the meter is still considered the property of the gas company even though it's attached to your house... but I'd give it a go and flip it on... if anything just to have the peace of mind of letter a wife have a hot shower (just so you don't have to hear about it :D), you could always turn it back off after you get your hot water tank filled with hot water :D
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby Bingo » July 5th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Snailman wrote:I convinced my wife to wait. My 1988 water heater is twice as efficient as a modern day electric water heater. 8O

Two words:

HOTEL SEX.

You're welcome.

B
Thales wrote:Holy crap! It seems it would be easy to stop them, what with no legs.
Aragorn wrote:That's a good idea cuz without thumbs, the deer can't handle a rapier if their lives depended on it.
tangirl wrote:She can prepare testicles her way, I'll prepare them my way.
Checker wrote:Yah, probably best to walk quietly backwards out of this thread
Bingo
Reefkeeper

Previous

Return to The Sump