Coffee ain't gonna cut it if you're dead...

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Coffee ain't gonna cut it if you're dead...

Postby wings » July 11th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Those grieving the dearly departed at Robinson Funeral Home in Easley will soon have a little something extra to soothe the pain: a cup of Starbucks' joe.

The fourth-generation funeral home and crematory is adding a new section to its existing facilities which includes business offices, a chapel, and a special wing aptly named "Coffee Corner," where soon a Starbucks will open.

The owner, Chris Robinson, explains how coffee has always been part of the family business, saying his great-grandfather started the funeral home inside a main street general store, where people would gather and drink coffee.

Robinson, who's a bit worried people will get the wrong idea about the coffee shop, says it's simply one more service for people to choose, but one that's certainly not mandatory.

"You walk in the front, and it's off to the side," Robinson said. "It's not like it's right up front."

Robinson has hired staff to run the Starbucks franchise which will be open to the public, not just to those attending services.

Starbucks will install equipment and menus at the end of July, and Robinson expects the shop to open sometime in August.

If funeral-goers worry about not getting free cups of coffee at visitations and other services, fear not, the owner says.

"We'll still have the homemade Robinson coffee, too," he said.

The Robinson Starbucks will be the first in Easley, but because it's not a full-sized store, they're not allowed to put Starbucks' signage on the building's exterior as part of the agreement with the coffee giant.
http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/jul/11/c ... r-4113443/
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
wings
{squat}

Re: Coffee ain't gonna cut it if you're dead...

Postby sfsuphysics » July 11th, 2012, 7:48 pm

*sips Starbucks*

*chatting away on cell phone*

Yeah, I'll be here another 30 minutes max..

... I don't know some aunt or something

... kind of forced to be here since they did send me an invite

... Damn right at the field? ****, I'm ditching this snoozefest not like she's going to miss me, be there in 15 minutes
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby wings » July 11th, 2012, 8:16 pm

sfsuphysics wrote:*sips Starbucks*

*chatting away on cell phone*

Yeah, I'll be here another 30 minutes max..

... I don't know some aunt or something

... kind of forced to be here since they did send me an invite

... Damn right at the field? ****, I'm ditching this snoozefest not like she's going to miss me, be there in 15 minutes

:lol:

I'd like a double ash grande latte please.
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
wings
{squat}

Postby tangirl » July 11th, 2012, 8:35 pm

Yeah, that's kinda how I'm seeing it too, wings. Gross.

And it's open to the public? Classy.
Chris don't care about your poop.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Postby Carl Spackler » July 11th, 2012, 11:40 pm

I need a STIFF drink. Oh wait all they have is coffee.
Goonga-galoonga, goongala-goongala-goonga

This is my own hybrid. It's a mix between Kentucky Bluegrass and Northern California sensimila. The great thing about this is you can play 36 holes on it in the morning and then get stoned to the bejeesus with it that night
Carl Spackler
{squat}

Postby _Andy » July 11th, 2012, 11:41 pm

I'd be careful ordering a cup of Joe.
_Andy
{squat}

Postby _Andy » July 11th, 2012, 11:45 pm

I wonder how many people will get tongue tied and order a cup of coffin?
_Andy
{squat}

Postby Matt_ » July 12th, 2012, 12:34 am

You're on a roll Andy. :lol:

There is a funeral home in Davis where the family lives upstairs. They have a big backyard behind the house. Turns out this family was a big fan of bounce houses on the kid's birthdays. On more than one occasion, I got to witness people filing in the front of the house to see their dead loved one, while simultaneously kids in the backyard were screaming their lungs out and stuffing their faces with cake in a gigantic bounce house. Really bizarre.
Loser, loser, Chick-Fil-A dinner.
Matt_
Site Admin

Return to The Sump