Red Zepprin!

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Red Zepprin!

Postby MickAv8r » July 13th, 2012, 2:50 am

Pretty good cover!
Yea, and God said to Abraham "You will kill your son Isaac." and Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you will have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Ohh, I'm sorry, is this better? Check, check, check, check. Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."
MickAv8r
RDO Taskforce

Re: Red Zepprin!

Postby sfsuphysics » July 13th, 2012, 8:36 am

Are you read to rock and roar!
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby Carl Spackler » July 13th, 2012, 10:05 am

Maybe it's the speed of this computer but the vocalist was awful.
Goonga-galoonga, goongala-goongala-goonga

This is my own hybrid. It's a mix between Kentucky Bluegrass and Northern California sensimila. The great thing about this is you can play 36 holes on it in the morning and then get stoned to the bejeesus with it that night
Carl Spackler
{squat}

Postby Magilla Gorilla » July 13th, 2012, 12:59 pm

Carl Spackler wrote:Maybe it's the speed of this computer but the vocalist was awful.

I'm only a third of the way through it, and think he sounds like a ringer for Robert Plant.

It's a little creepy the way "Page" and "Plant" copy the guys' mannerisms too. Plant's weird arm positions look doubly odd on this dude.
Societies get what they celebrate.
-Dean Kamen
Nationalism is the succubus of tyranny.
How long? Not long. 'Cause what you reap... is what you sew.
-RATM
Magilla Gorilla
{squat}

Postby seven » July 13th, 2012, 4:19 pm

Magilla Gorilla wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:Maybe it's the speed of this computer but the vocalist was awful.

I'm only a third of the way through it, and think he sounds like a ringer for Robert Plant.

It's a little creepy the way "Page" and "Plant" copy the guys' mannerisms too. Plant's weird arm positions look doubly odd on this dude.

A guy I worked with for years was the Page of Led Zepagain for a long time and now is the Page for Led Zeplica evidently. Yes he absolutely did all the mannerisms too. Needless to say he is a hell of a guitar player.
You are completely, 100%, absolutely unique...just like everybody else.

It's all fun and games till someone gets thier eye poked out...then it's one-eyed fun and games.

Proverbs 31:6,7

Gaige_of_another_board wrote:Sex with a hairy armed pigtailed yeti? Yeah, its pretty easy.

Tangirl wrote:Oh, yeah, and suck it eddyp.
seven
{squat}

Postby The Escaped Ape » July 13th, 2012, 10:21 pm

I'm assuming that's from Japan, from the title. :wink:

Both karaoke and impressions of famous people are popular on TV here. Impressions of famous singers by famous comedians/actors etc are even more popular. You'll often see programs where the aim is for someone to absolutely perfectly mimic a recording (measured against a karaoke machine that awards scores on the basis of how close someone gets to the pitch etc of the original recording). Sometimes they are competing against the artist who originally recorded the song and it's amusing how many times the original singer loses to the mimic. :lol:

There is, of course, the very Japanese phenomenon of the "otaku". People overseas know the word, but think of it as something purely connected to nerds and anime/manga. But essentially it means someone who takes one interest/hobby very seriously indeed and immerses themselves in it. Plenty of Japanese people like that, devoting their lives almost to one quite narrow field of interest.

So you'll often find someone who knows more about a particular aspect of your own culture than you, or the same for a particular band/genre of music from your country. This desire to faithfully (too faithfully?) mimic a British band from the 1970s is born out of that impulse I think.

Maybe part of that is the Japanese admiration for someone who devotes themselves to perfecting a relatively narrow area of activity, but can as a result replicate that faithfully and perfectly every time as a result. Probably born out of admiration of craftsmen, kabuki actors (where the emphasis is on perfecting the standard movements, with less emphasis on the actor's personal free interpretation) etc.
Tom
The Escaped Ape
{squat}

Return to The Sump