Batman Movie Question

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Batman Movie Question

Postby tangirl » July 29th, 2012, 7:21 am

In the very beginning when they're on the plane, what was the blood transfusion thing ie all about? Dont forget the spoiler key of needed - mine's not much of a spoiler, is it?
Chris don't care about your poop.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Re: Batman Movie Question

Postby minime » July 29th, 2012, 8:16 am

Spoiler: show
I think so the body in the plane would be thought to be the nuclear scientist. How that was supposed to work medically I couldn't say. :D
Brian

These are the demands and sayings of Minime.
minime
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » July 29th, 2012, 9:57 am

To make it look like the doctor died in the crash, since now there'd be a body with his DNA in it... how truthful that'd be ... ehhh not sure they take blood samples from destroyed bodies
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby tangirl » July 29th, 2012, 10:14 am

OK. It seems far fetched to me too, but hey, it's a movie about a billionaire playboy that dresses up as a bat, so that's OK.

I'm more disappointed that Bane doesn't need venom and he isn't huge.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Postby _Andy » July 29th, 2012, 11:13 am

tangirl wrote:OK. It seems far fetched to me too, but hey, it's a movie about a billionaire playboy that dresses up as a bat, so that's OK.

8O
_Andy
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » July 29th, 2012, 12:18 pm

tangirl wrote:OK. It seems far fetched to me too, but hey, it's a movie about a billionaire playboy that dresses up as a bat, so that's OK.

The size thing can be excused I think, because he's freakishly (i.e. no way a person could play him... well one who's also a decent actor) large... the venom however they swapped out for anaesthetic that the mask provides... it's ummm Nolan's vision is all I can say.
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby minime » July 29th, 2012, 2:06 pm

sfsuphysics wrote:

The size thing can be excused I think, because he's freakishly (i.e. no way a person could play him... well one who's also a decent actor) large... the venom however they swapped out for anaesthetic that the mask provides... it's ummm Nolan's vision is all I can say.

I was hoping Batman would totally rip that loser's mask off and leave him writhing in agony. :twisted:
Brian

These are the demands and sayings of Minime.
minime
{squat}

Postby tangirl » July 29th, 2012, 2:23 pm

minime wrote:
sfsuphysics wrote:

I was hoping Batman would totally rip that loser's mask off and leave him writhing in agony. :twisted:
he needs Bane.

tangirl
{squat}

Postby ghoti » July 30th, 2012, 10:30 am

minime wrote:

I just saw this yesterday with my niece and enjoyed it. Loved Catwoman and her flip-up ears.

Bain already said ripping his mask off would be agony. There would be something sadistic and just poor sportsmanship about essentially attacking a prosthesis.

Also some unintentional meaning in the line from Catwoman about rethinking his stance against using guns.
ghoti
{squat}

Postby tangirl » July 30th, 2012, 11:06 am

ghoti wrote:
minime wrote:

I just saw this yesterday with my niece and enjoyed it. Loved Catwoman and her flip-up ears.

Yeah, that was cute - I thought she was a good Catwoman.

Bain already said ripping his mask off would be agony. There would be something sadistic and just poor sportsmanship about essentially attacking a prosthesis.

Also some unintentional meaning in the line from Catwoman about rethinking his stance against using guns.

tangirl
{squat}

Postby ghoti » July 30th, 2012, 11:15 am

The Batman myth has always had an ambivalent outlook on class an privilege.

The whole post apocalyptic mid-portion of the movies was interesting. Both attracted to and repelled by the power structure of Gotham.

The chaotic soviet-style courts with the "judge" on the mountain of strewn paperwork was an especially compelling image.
ghoti
{squat}

Postby tangirl » July 30th, 2012, 11:23 am

ghoti wrote:The Batman myth has always had an ambivalent outlook on class an privilege.

The whole post apocalyptic mid-portion of the movies was interesting. Both attracted to and repelled by the power structure of Gotham.

The chaotic soviet-style courts with the "judge" on the mountain of strewn paperwork was an especially compelling image.

You know the judge was Scarecrow too, right?

tangirl
{squat}

Postby ghoti » July 30th, 2012, 11:52 am

No, I did not know that, Tan, thanks.

The whole notion that Batman is anonymous because he could be any man is a very egalitarian idea. But, of course, he is not everyman but Bruce Wayne - rich and privileged.

It is interesting they felt compelled to strip him of everything in this movie.
ghoti
{squat}

Postby tangirl » July 30th, 2012, 1:31 pm

ghoti wrote:No, I did not know that, Tan, thanks.

8)
And Scarecrow was also Dr. Crane who worked at some asylum (Arkham Asylum I assume) and he evaluated patients, passed judgement on them and drove them crazy.

It is interesting they felt compelled to strip him of everything in this movie.

That's part of the actual story line too. I'm not positive that it all happened the way it did because I don't really know the story, just the high points.

tangirl
{squat}

Postby tangirl » July 30th, 2012, 1:37 pm

I just read up on him. I'm wrong about the passing judgement thing, I guess he was just experimenting on whoever he wanted.

tangirl
{squat}

Postby ghoti » July 30th, 2012, 2:09 pm

Two good superhero movies this year. (Avengers and Dark Knight) They should all suck now for the rest of the decade.
ghoti
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » July 30th, 2012, 4:00 pm

tangirl wrote:
ghoti wrote:No, I did not know that, Tan, thanks.

8)
And Scarecrow was also Dr. Crane who worked at some asylum (Arkham Asylum I assume) and he evaluated patients, passed judgement on them and drove them crazy.

Screw the spoiler bit.

the Scarecrow/Dr Crane character was at Arkham in the movie to 1) get the mob bosses guys out of jail by "declaring them insane" and 2) as a cover for the whole poisoning of the water bit in the Ra's al Ghul story part of the original Nolan version.
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby JimM » July 30th, 2012, 4:42 pm

ghoti wrote:Two good superhero movies this year. (Avengers and Dark Knight) They should all suck now for the rest of the decade.

:lol: Yep
Although I had some problems with Dark Knight, and Captain America's costume in Avengers was horrid.

Iron Man 3 should be good.
JimM
Reefkeeper

Postby ghoti » July 30th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Robert Downey Jr makes that franchise.

And, Captain America? There is a heritage of bad costume there.
ghoti
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » July 30th, 2012, 4:47 pm

It's the downside of hiring an actor who's more on the skinnier side of things, I mean he was Johnny Storm for crying out loud! Sure he hired a trainer, probably took some steroids but there's only so much bulk he could put on.
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Next

Return to The Sump