Wow it was hot out there today.

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Postby tangirl » August 4th, 2012, 2:49 pm

So humid. I mowed the lawn and took care of the flowers a bit and replaced the washers in all my hoses and attachments. Thought I was going to pass out. And that was before 2:00. It's only going to get worse.

I don't know how he cat can sleep out there. Cats are freakin' weird.
Chris don't care about your poop.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Re: Wow it was hot out there today.

Postby EddyP » August 4th, 2012, 3:01 pm

I'm so glad I got the lawn work done yesterday. It was brutal today.
Kick its ass, Shelly.

If every time I bring up a new incident and you resort to Chappaquiddick, then you've got nothing.
EddyP
{squat}

Postby tangirl » August 4th, 2012, 3:04 pm

I figured I'd get out there early and mow and miss the heat. It was hot when i let the dog out at 7:30. Im so glad I did the pita stuff with the walk behind mower first. I can't believe how bad it was just standing there feeding the flowers at 1:30.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Postby EddyP » August 4th, 2012, 3:42 pm

It's dropped like 10 degrees here in the last couple hours. It's nicer now. Hopefully we're going to go down by the water for dinner tonight.
Kick its ass, Shelly.

If every time I bring up a new incident and you resort to Chappaquiddick, then you've got nothing.
EddyP
{squat}

Postby minime » August 4th, 2012, 3:52 pm

August sucks, the only good thing about it is that when it's finally over fall comes quickly.
Brian

These are the demands and sayings of Minime.
minime
{squat}

Postby tangirl » August 4th, 2012, 4:29 pm

Shhhhh.

tangirl
{squat}

Postby Anemone of the State » August 4th, 2012, 7:39 pm

Cold here today. Some rain too.
Their walls were made of cannon balls, their motto was ...
Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby Bucolic Buffalo » August 4th, 2012, 8:07 pm

It was a Sumbitch out there. Two days in a row I have been working outside, soaking friggin wet. Feel wasted.
Radio KAOS "Billy come home."
Bucolic Buffalo
{squat}

Postby The Escaped Ape » August 4th, 2012, 9:51 pm

I just spent a week in Singapore for work. Much nearer the equator than Japan, lush green tropical vegetation along the roads and right next to Malaysia and Thailand. But strangely the heat was more bearable than Japan at the moment. I think it might not have been quite as hot, but there was also a feeling that it was a worn-in heat - one that seemed appropriate. Japan's summers seem to try and fit as much unbearable heat as possible into the short months of summer, with even the early morning bakingly hot.
Tom
The Escaped Ape
{squat}

Postby Bucolic Buffalo » August 4th, 2012, 10:35 pm

I haven't mowed the grass since sometime in May. I did knock down the weeds once early in July. The only green around here is the sump pump outlet. The garden and asparagas patch. The green line in the neighbors lawn where my septic tank line runs. A few flower beds. But everything is showing stress or is already brown.
Radio KAOS "Billy come home."
Bucolic Buffalo
{squat}

Postby _Andy » August 4th, 2012, 10:40 pm

We have been getting good down pours about every other day - my grass needs to be cut 3 times a week or it gets so tall it stresses badly because so much has to be cut off at once to get it back to an acceptable height.
_Andy
{squat}

Postby Louey » August 4th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Hot as **** here. Still 91 in my pool.
Louey
DIY Forum Moderator

Postby tangirl » August 5th, 2012, 5:36 am

Bucolic Buffalo wrote:I haven't mowed the grass since sometime in May. I did knock down the weeds once early in July. The only green around here is the sump pump outlet. The garden and asparagas patch. The green line in the neighbors lawn where my septic tank line runs. A few flower beds. But everything is showing stress or is already brown.

My first thought was, "wow, May?!?" But I guess I'm pretty much right there with you. I was mowing regularly in mayin June, I probably mowed twice, then we were supposed to get a big storm toward the end of June and a rainy week so i went out and mowed again a few days before I left for Canada. The rain never came, so toward the end of July I mowed the weeds. And that's pretty much what I did yesterday. Mowing it all on high, trying to give the grass half a chance.

I want to water this am, but they're saying it's supposed to rain today. They're not very good at this this year.

tangirl
{squat}

Postby wings » August 5th, 2012, 7:23 am

I like August..really hot during the days, but things cool off nicely at night. 8)
-=A mile of road takes you Nowhere. A mile of runway takes you Anywhere=-
wings
{squat}

Postby Mr. McFeely » August 5th, 2012, 8:12 am

The Mexicans that mow my lawn looked like they were hot :D
Brian

_Andy wrote:
"I am always surprised you don't make more typos with those fat little fingers"
Mr. McFeely
{squat}

Postby tangirl » August 5th, 2012, 8:26 am

Not last night it didn't, wings.

I was out there at 6:45 this am and i was all sweaty when I came back in at 8. I wasn't working hard at all. It needs to rain out there.

tangirl
{squat}

Postby _Andy » August 5th, 2012, 8:47 am

"How Hot Was It?"
_Andy
{squat}

Return to The Sump