Hey Ace

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Hey Ace

Postby Mr. McFeely » August 17th, 2012, 12:25 pm

and other television efficianados. I'm thinking of purchasing this 3d hdtv; it's about how much we want to spend on something large. The room should be dark enough as we will use it mainly at night. What do you or don't you like about this purchase?
Brian

_Andy wrote:
"I am always surprised you don't make more typos with those fat little fingers"
Mr. McFeely
{squat}

Re: Hey Ace

Postby SpaceAce » August 17th, 2012, 12:49 pm

I'm headed out now but will respond a bit later.
Does this hurt your eyes?Well does it? Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
SpaceAce
{squat}

Postby tangirl » August 17th, 2012, 1:02 pm

I haven't done research on specific 3D TVs because I have no interest in one, but I do know that you want to check on the glasses that are needed. Some require their own special batteries. Some cost a fortune to buy additional or replacements. Some have a shutter effect (the glasses have an actual shutter) that makes the 3D work and annoy some people.

That's all I got, but it should give you something to do for a little while. :wink:
Chris don't care about your poop.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Postby SpaceAce » August 17th, 2012, 1:21 pm

Is there a link?
Does this hurt your eyes?Well does it? Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
SpaceAce
{squat}

Postby budhaboy » August 17th, 2012, 1:36 pm

I've been told by more than a few that home based 3d is rapidly becoming a failed gimmick.
use the money you would spent on that 3d TV and spend it on an even bigger non3d screen
JP

Sometimes when you're burying a guy alive, for a moment or two you start feeling sorry for him. And then it passes and you keep on shoveling...

oh and people with photo signatures suck
budhaboy
{squat}

Postby Mr. McFeely » August 17th, 2012, 1:47 pm

Brian

_Andy wrote:
Mr. McFeely
{squat}

Postby Mr. McFeely » August 17th, 2012, 1:48 pm

tangirl wrote:I haven't done research on specific 3D TVs because I have no interest in one, but I do know that you want to check on the glasses that are needed. Some require their own special batteries. Some cost a fortune to buy additional or replacements. Some have a shutter effect (the glasses have an actual shutter) that makes the 3D work and annoy some people.

That's all I got, but it should give you something to do for a little while. :wink:

I'll look into the batteries for the glasses, thanks.
Brian

_Andy wrote:
Mr. McFeely
{squat}

Postby Mr. McFeely » August 17th, 2012, 1:54 pm

budhaboy wrote:I've been told by more than a few that home based 3d is rapidly becoming a failed gimmick.
use the money you would spent on that 3d TV and spend it on an even bigger non3d screen

I don't really care about the 3d aspect either, but I was looking on Amazon for what the largest affordable tvs were, and this giant with 3d caught my eye. There is a similar model (also an 82" Mitsubishi) with a few less options for around $1650.
Brian

_Andy wrote:
Mr. McFeely
{squat}

Postby SpaceAce » August 17th, 2012, 3:45 pm

I think if you are looking at size being the most important you'd have to go with something like the Mitsubishi. If size does not matter (heh heh) then I'm going to say a plasma will give you the best picture at this price range.
SpaceAce
{squat}

Postby Mr. McFeely » August 17th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Okay, since you don't have anything terrible to say about it and most of the reviewers were happy with their purchase, I think I'll take the plunge.

That is to say, I'll take the plunge of running this by my wife.
Brian

_Andy wrote:
Mr. McFeely
{squat}

Postby SpaceAce » August 17th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Mr. McFeely wrote:Okay, since you don't have anything terrible to say about it and most of the reviewers were happy with their purchase, I think I'll take the plunge.

That is to say, I'll take the plunge of running this by my wife.

Do yourself a favor and check out the AVS forum. Search the TV and see what people are saying about it.
SpaceAce
{squat}

Postby Mr. McFeely » August 17th, 2012, 4:24 pm

Will do, thanks.
Brian

_Andy wrote:
Mr. McFeely
{squat}

Postby SpaceAce » August 22nd, 2012, 12:45 pm

You end up buying?
SpaceAce
{squat}

Return to The Sump