Got My Retirement Statement!

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Got My Retirement Statement!

Postby Bucolic Buffalo » August 18th, 2012, 10:05 am

WooHoo!!! As of August 1, 2012 I can retire on early option from the Gooberment. My monthly benefit amount would be $1,350.00. If I wait until rule of 85 at August 1, 2013 I will get $2,040.00 a month. :? :? :? Where's this Golden Egg the media keeps saying I have?
Radio KAOS "Billy come home."
Bucolic Buffalo
{squat}

Re: Got My Retirement Statement!

Postby MegaDeTH » August 18th, 2012, 11:38 am

and you dont get ssi either right?
Pain is fear leaving the body

Pics & vids
http://www.geekopolis.com
2006 KTM 200 XC
MegaDeTH
RDO Taskforce

Postby Anemone of the State » August 18th, 2012, 11:45 am

Bucolic Buffalo wrote: Where's this Golden Egg the media keeps saying I have?

Brought to you by the same folks who say they are liberal on social issues and conservative on fiscal issues, i.e., they want a bunch of services they feel entitled to, but don't want to pay anything for them. Since the guy at the 7-11 doesn't have a pension plan, why should you?

There are a few such examples, but mostly in the higher levels of gov't, and police and fire departments (justifiably, in my opinion). It's the early retirements that really kill us taxpayers.
Their walls were made of cannon balls, their motto was ...
Anemone of the State
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » August 18th, 2012, 1:38 pm

As Jeff Spicoli would say... "Rightous bucks bro!"

Seriously too you wait 1 more year you increase your take home by about 50% I'd go that direction unless your health is in serious decline. You'll take about 2 years to make up the money you don't get by waiting a year.
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Postby Guy » August 18th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Two of my peers are retiring next month. They sprung that on us this week. Ugh. My workload just doubled.
Guy
{squat}

Postby Bucolic Buffalo » August 18th, 2012, 2:52 pm

I do get Social Security with this. Not all do. And I can build this up a bit yet, to a maximum of 75% of my salary averaged over (however it is they are doing it now) the 4 largest pay years or sumpthing. I figure the crooks in Springfield will screw us over at some point and force us to work till we are 66.5 or 67. 11.5 more years for me. With saved up time, maybe a bit sooner. But I cannot afford to retire. At the rate it's growing, not sure I ever will be able to afford retirement. Even with my deferred compensation.

But the media, and the Chicago Civic Club **** keeping saying that us state Gooberment workers have the golden egg. I keep looking, but I haven't found it yet.
Radio KAOS "Billy come home."
Bucolic Buffalo
{squat}

Postby sfsuphysics » August 18th, 2012, 4:03 pm

Might want to double check that social security, the Windfall Elimination Provision (I believe that's what it calls) reduces SS benefits if you can draw from a pension. Now I'm lucky as a teacher that I don't pay into S.S. so I'm not too worried about that aspect, however what amounts I did pay into will get reduced unless congress repeals it or what not.
sfsuphysics
{squat}

Return to The Sump