Lizzie Borden House

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Re: Lizzie Borden House

Postby tangirl » August 7th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Shut up, Ace.

:P
Chris don't care about your poop.

Angry people want you to see how powerful they are. Loving people want you to see how powerful you are. – Chief Red Eagle

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. - Gandalf
tangirl
{squat}

Postby Matt_ » August 7th, 2013, 3:25 pm

_Andy wrote:You've never read a book or watched a movie about real murders?

Of course I have, but there is kind of a difference between reading about the OJ murders vs. hanging out where the victims were killed and taking pictures and such.
Loser, loser, Chick-Fil-A dinner.
Matt_
Site Admin

Postby SpaceAce » August 7th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Don't you think time changes that in some ways? I don't have a desire to go to random murder sites to take pictures. Add 100 years and its a tourist attraction.
Does this hurt your eyes?Well does it? Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
SpaceAce
{squat}

Postby Matt_ » August 7th, 2013, 3:42 pm

SpaceAce wrote:Don't you think time changes that in some ways? I don't have a desire to go to random murder sites to take pictures. Add 100 years and its a tourist attraction.

Yeah, it does. I'm trying to think of an older analogous murder scene that people visit but am failing. Maybe like the top of a Meso-American pyramid where they sacrificed people?

I think the whole idea of a house being "haunted" is internalizing the knowledge that something bad happened there a long time ago. It's an acknowledgement that the acts carry some weight long after the deed is done and all the participants are dead. If you thought you were just in a random B&B I doubt you'd feel any creepiness at all (other than from the interior decorating, blech). So time does change it in some ways but also doesn't in other ways.
Matt_
Site Admin

Postby Matt_ » August 7th, 2013, 3:44 pm

OJ was 20 years ago. Yikes, we're old. How about the house where Sharon Tate was killed? That's like 50 years ago now, right? Still kinda creepy place to visit I'd think.
Matt_
Site Admin

Postby seven » August 7th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Matt_ wrote:
SpaceAce wrote:Don't you think time changes that in some ways? I don't have a desire to go to random murder sites to take pictures. Add 100 years and its a tourist attraction.

Yeah, it does. I'm trying to think of an older analogous murder scene that people visit but am failing. Maybe like the top of a Meso-American pyramid where they sacrificed people?

I think the whole idea of a house being "haunted" is internalizing the knowledge that something bad happened there a long time ago. It's an acknowledgement that the acts carry some weight long after the deed is done and all the participants are dead. If you thought you were just in a random B&B I doubt you'd feel any creepiness at all (other than from the interior decorating, blech). So time does change it in some ways but also doesn't in other ways.

Amityville qualifies I would think...
You are completely, 100%, absolutely unique...just like everybody else.

It's all fun and games till someone gets thier eye poked out...then it's one-eyed fun and games.

Proverbs 31:6,7

Gaige_of_another_board wrote:Sex with a hairy armed pigtailed yeti? Yeah, its pretty easy.

Tangirl wrote:Oh, yeah, and suck it eddyp.
seven
{squat}

Postby seven » August 7th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Matt_ wrote:OJ was 20 years ago. Yikes, we're old. How about the house where Sharon Tate was killed? That's like 50 years ago now, right? Still kinda creepy place to visit I'd think.

How about the caves that the family hung out in and Charlie used as a bolt hole?

It's all fun and games till someone gets thier eye poked out...then it's one-eyed fun and games.

Gaige_of_another_board wrote:Sex with a hairy armed pigtailed yeti? Yeah, its pretty easy.

seven
{squat}

Postby Matt_ » August 7th, 2013, 3:50 pm

seven wrote:
Matt_ wrote:OJ was 20 years ago. Yikes, we're old. How about the house where Sharon Tate was killed? That's like 50 years ago now, right? Still kinda creepy place to visit I'd think.

How about the caves that the family hung out in and Charlie used as a bolt hole?

:?:

Not familiar with that...
Matt_
Site Admin

Postby seven » August 7th, 2013, 3:56 pm

Matt_ wrote:
seven wrote:

:?:

Not familiar with that...

Stoner's Den.

seven
{squat}

Postby SpaceAce » August 7th, 2013, 4:16 pm

Matt_ wrote:

Absolutely. I believe that there is something out there and I have a desire to witness something. I understand that has a lot to do with how I feel going into places like the Borden house. I was there with people that really believe and it was obvious that everything they saw or heard including the floor creaking was a possible ghost. Made some people jump. It was funny. :lol:

As we were touring the house with the guide on the third floor attic space I had heart jumping experience. The group was going down the attic steps and I thought I was the last person. As I'm heading down I see a shadow on the wall and my heart skipped. Was this the moment where something happens that I can believe? Nope. The guide was behind me. I didn't see him behind me. Oh we'll it was at least a roller coaster moment. :lol:
Does this hurt your eyes?Well does it? Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
SpaceAce
{squat}

Postby _Andy » August 7th, 2013, 4:35 pm

Go here

The Old Charleston Jail is a site in modern day Charleston, South Carolina. It held some of America's most notorious criminals, with the major one being Lavinia Fisher.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Charleston_Jail
_Andy
{squat}

Previous

Return to The Sump