Removing Pachyclavularia

A forum to discuss and learn about propagating corals and other invertebrates as well as captive breeding of marine fish.

Moderator: Admins

Removing Pachyclavularia

Postby Dawn » February 4th, 2008, 9:52 am

They are spreading to areas I don't want them- how to stop or safely remove in the tank- they are on rock I can't take out without taking my whole tank apart. Thank you.
160 gal. reef-est. 4/2003-LED ltg., chevron, regal, & yellow tang scooter dragonet, pistol shr., false percula, Bangaii,(2) gold wrasses,firefish, red serp. star,huge squamosa, lps, sps, softies.
Dawn
Reefkeeper

Postby camaroracer214 » March 17th, 2008, 6:40 pm

i had to use a knife and spent days digging it off the rocks. it took a while, but i got most of it out. i wasn't able to get all of it, but i'll pull it all off eventually.
camaroracer214
Reefkeeper

Postby Dawn » March 18th, 2008, 11:49 am

Thanks> As I scrape- it, it falls into pieces. I'm trying to putll it off. I wonder if Joe's Juice would kill it like aptaisias?
160 gal. reef-est. 4/2003-LED ltg., chevron, regal, & yellow tang scooter dragonet, pistol shr., false percula, Bangaii,(2) gold wrasses,firefish, red serp. star,huge squamosa, lps, sps, softies.
Dawn
Reefkeeper

Postby liquid » March 29th, 2008, 10:06 am

A lot of times I can get ahold of the edge and peel it off. Another option is to place rubble around the Pachyclavularia and when it grows onto the rubble, just remove the rubble and place new around it. That way you can sell the covered rubble as frags.

Shane
Shane
Site Admin

Return to Propagation & Captive Breeding