There will be blood....

A forum to discuss and learn about propagating corals and other invertebrates as well as captive breeding of marine fish.

Moderator: Admins

There will be blood....

Postby SeahorseWhisperer_ » February 10th, 2008, 10:11 pm

On another thread I was advised that breeding MO requires blood, sweat and life. So, today I was jerry rigging a new pelagic fry tank and I cut my finger....I let it bleed a bit just in case some funky mycobacteria lives in my warm water.

Here is what I came up with so far. I am going to use it for seahorse fry until I get a spawn of something else. One side has an open grow out area for when the larvae metamorph into tiny fry. I tried to get the flow gentle enough to not stress the fry, but strong enough to keep the food from sinking right off.

The other side has a kreisal tank, with the heater on that side.

Any suggestions on improvements?
Attachments
100_6868.jpg
100_6868.jpg (72.07 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
SeahorseWhisperer_
{squat}

Postby gdw » April 26th, 2008, 10:02 am

Very cool ... more pictures please? Link to other thread? TIA.
Gary White

"In the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed. "
Charles Darwin (1809 - 1882)
gdw

Postby seamaiden » April 26th, 2008, 12:06 pm

LMAO! I love your thread title! :lol:

You gonna start writing these things up for publication, or what? ;)

No suggestions from me. It looks like you've got good access, it's not unstable, tank setup looks fine, nice and clean. Interesting how you've "modified" the goldfish bowl inside the acrylic tank... how will the water will be shared between both vessels? It looks as though the goldfish bowl is essentially separate from the system it's inside.
Theophilus Parsons in 1788 wrote:"If a juror accepts as the law that which the judge states then that juror has accepted the exercise of absolute authority of a government employee and has surrendered a power and right that once was the citizen's safeguard of liberty."
seamaiden
{squat}

Re: There will be blood....

Postby Banggai » June 11th, 2009, 8:51 pm

Very cool! It's difficult to get the whole picture with the image you posted. Perhaps a side view?
Banggai

Return to Propagation & Captive Breeding