Libertaria

The off-topic forum for members to chat and discuss non-reefkeeping topics. Be warned that this forum is not for the easily offended.

Moderators: asmith, Admins

Re: Libertaria

Postby GratefulDiver » June 14th, 2018, 7:41 am

Podman wrote:But I do wonder how you both fail to see how people like this **** in the article would thrive in a world where there were no regulations placed on hiring employing. All it takes is one guy down the street deciding that he needs to cut his employees pay to compete with the **** that pays his simpleton next to nothing.

And yet with all of our existing laws it still happens. Hmm.......

And you still haven't explained how this **** would thrive. - Just some whackadoo belief that he would.
GratefulDiver
{squat}

Postby Podman » June 14th, 2018, 2:02 pm

GratefulDiver wrote:
Podman wrote:But I do wonder how you both fail to see how people like this **** in the article would thrive in a world where there were no regulations placed on hiring employing. All it takes is one guy down the street deciding that he needs to cut his employees pay to compete with the **** that pays his simpleton next to nothing.

And yet with all of our existing laws it still happens. Hmm.......

And you still haven't explained how this **** would thrive. - Just some whackadoo belief that he would.

This is where it becomes apparent that some people, you in this instance, don't actually want a discussion on these topics.. If I am to be burdened with explaining how one business can gain an advantage over another by having free labor, what will be the next task you lay out for me? Maybe proving manual labor typically comes at a cost to the employer? Or maybe ask me to prove that legalizing this particular behavior will have an effect on how common the behavior will be seen?

Its all **** tactics to keep me spinning while you hurl insults for reasons I don't fully understand.

But thanks for adding a few new ones.
Podman
{squat}

Postby GratefulDiver » June 18th, 2018, 8:02 am

So like the rest of Libtardia these days, its all about the feels then?

No need to rationalize anything, no need to think it through, just FEELING that something might be is enough to make it fjact.

You made a statement, numbnards, now back it up.

I've already pointed out one simple philosophy of the party that disproves it, you haven't inched even that far away from your fairy tale.

I'm not asking you to do anything but prove you can actually think on an objective level, for yourself instead of spewing the usual party line ****.

Just bear in mind, I didn't stop voting Dem for nuthin but the feels.... (Go 'head, dig back in some of my earliest posts here. Think I'm anti-Obama, check out some of the **** I said about GW....)

Your troll has no basis in fact. Yet I'm the one playing **** tactics. :lol:
GratefulDiver
{squat}

Postby Podman » June 18th, 2018, 2:27 pm

You have disproven something? I read again and all I have seen you do is hurl insults and conjecture upon what I may or may not believe.
Libertarianism, like most “ism”s I can think of are ideologies and paradigms that exist because the facts alone are not enough to base a course of action.. by their very nature they are difficult or even impossible to prove and/or disprove by fact. I am not saying they are based upon feelings, I am saying they are opinionated things.. and if you want my opinion that is based upon factual evidence I will gladly express them.

In Libertarian ideology as I understand it, the only government regulations a Libertarian wants to leave intact are the ones that are absolutely necessary for society to remain intact.
These are things like infrastructure, military, govt. accountings, etc.. Most social programs are meant to be scrapped.
The idea is that by disassembling all the bureaucratic and corrupt mechanisms within the system there will be more funding for the productive members of society and therefore growth and ingenuity will prevail and advance society to new heights, etc.

Am I close?

The huge glaring fault I see in this view is that there will always be people like the asshat in this article (companies can behave even worse); they will always lie, cheat and steal their way for better personal gains. If you need evidence that these people exist then I don’t have time for this conversation.

Now, I don’t dispute that there might be a lot of libertarian types of agenda that would be highly beneficial to our society. I am sure we could use trimming of dead wood within our government and some things are likely best left alone without regulation. But I do think Libertarianism is fundamentally flawed with its widely held belief that fairness and order will somehow establish itself by some natural means.
For example, libertarians seem to really hate welfare (I don’t think it’s good for everyone either) but I think to responsibly dismantle the welfare system in America we need to know that the people with legitimate needs for that system are going to be taken care of.. So short of replacing the current system with a better one which I have never heard a Libertarian support, we are left with a need to trust that the average citizen will charitably help these folks out of the kindness of their own hearts..
I don’t think enough people would be willing to do this, do you?

Or how about resposibly dismantling the EPA and its laws? For this people would have to trust that companies will behave ethically and not poison our environment without the imposed regulations.
I don’t trust them to do this, do you?

I could go on but its time to go back to work and I have my doubts that you are really listening anyway.
Podman
{squat}

Previous

Return to The Sump